Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Sigh: Complaints About Fireworks Noise  (Read 2178 times)

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka

Offline sfgadvfreak

• Affiliate
  • Jolly Roger
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
Sigh: Complaints About Fireworks Noise
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 10:24:10 PM »
Maybe they are exagerating.  I can see them being very loud, but not enough for a house 3 miles away to start to rattle.  Maybe I just haven't seen the show yet so I cannot judge on how noisy it is.
Great Adventure...taking over the world one record at a time.

[img width= height=]http://downloads.thestreetnetwork.com/LessThanJake/LTJBanner2.jpg[/img]

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 11:48:02 PM »
BS.  I was in Kingda Ka's station during that fireworks show, and the show the night after.  You couldn't feel anything from there, how is he going to have windows rattling and items falling off of the wall from 3 miles away?
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 09:31:28 AM »
I hate to say it but I somewhat agree.  I watched the show with my family on Saturday night opening weekend.  They were too loud.  Esp. for kids.  The problem is that the Grandstand on the Lake is made out of METAL.  It echos and amplifies the bangs really really really really bad.

Now as for how far it travels, I can't imagine its THAT bad.  However, I guess if it echos that loudly when you are inside the grandstand, perhaps going the other direction (across the lake) is worse?

I was in Kingda Ka's queue on Friday night during the show and you could hardly hear the thuds but I will say that from in the stands, it was WAY to loud.  I'll give the neighbors the benefit of the doubt on this one.  Depending on their location, it really could have been as bad as described.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 10:51:54 AM »
I can definitely see it being loud.  I know I can hear the cannons for the Rutgers game and the drums for the high school's marching band when I'm home, and Rutgers staduim is like two miles away with the high school being one mile in the opposite direction.  I just doubt the vibration's he talking about.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 11:34:02 AM »
Well, yeah, the vibrations and rattling windows may be a bit over the top lol

If that were happening, his house would have to literally be on park property.  Which in that case, put it up for sale because I'm sure one of us would be happy to move there LOL

Offline stew560

• Jolly Roger
  • Disco Stu Doesn't Advertise!
    • Stew560's SmugMug
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 11:45:05 AM »
(Sorry if this looks familiar to anyone)

Like most Letters to the Editor, I take this with a grain of salt. The park had to apply for, and be granted a permit from the Township in order to have the Fireworks Demonstration. This was most likely held in a public forum. If the resident in question is so concerned about what Six Flags is doing, they should be attending these Town Meetings and making their concerns known.

Here is Last years Permit Application, Good through the end of 2005. I am sure they had to do a similar process this year and it is just not yet available on Jackson's Website.
RESOLUTION 386R-05
TITLE: AUTHORIZE THE EXTENSION OF A FIREWORKS PERMIT TO SIX FLAGS GREAT ADVENTURE
MOTION TO APPROVE BY: SEDA
MOTION SECONDED BY: KAFTON
YES: GIBLIN, REILLY, SEDA, KAFTON & BRODERICK

WHEREAS
, Six Flags - Great Adventure has applied for an extension of a fireworks permit from May 1, 2005 through December 31, 2005 for displays to be produced by Pyro-Spectaculars of Rialto, California; and
WHEREAS, the applicant has presented a Certificate of Insurance and Performance Bond and is currently operating under Federal Permit No. 8-NJ-029-54-8H-00236 and has executed a Hold Harmless Agreement on behalf of the Township; and
WHEREAS, the current Federal Permit No. 8-NJ-029-54-8H-00236 from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms for Great Adventure expires on August 1, 2008; and
WHEREAS, the current NJ Department of Labor, I.D. No. 69120410, Permit No. 002735 expires on March 31, 2006; and
WHEREAS, the appropriate Township Officials have either inspected or have no
objection to the extension of a permit to the applicant from May 1, 2005 to December 31, 2005
subject to continued valid federal and state licensing.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, by the Mayor and Committee of the Township of Jackson, County of Ocean and State of New Jersey, as follows:
  • 1. A fireworks permit is hereby authorized to be extended pursuant to N.J.S.A. 21:3-3 to Six Flags - Great Adventure, for the period commencing May 1, 2005 through December 31, 2005 for nightly exhibits at said amusement park. This extension is conditioned on the submission of a current NJ Department of Labor Permit.
  • 2. The Township Clerk is hereby authorized to issue the aforesaid permit to the applicant and forward a copy of said permit to the New Jersey Department of Labor and Industry.
  • 3. The Township Clerk is hereby authorized and directed to forward a certified copy of said permit to Pyro-Spectaculars of Rialto, California and the appropriate Township Officials.

ANN MARIE EDEN, R.M.C.
DATED: 8/8/05 TOWNSHIP CLERK

We had a similar problem at College when someone moved into a house in between Fraternity Houses on Frat Row. Every time there was a party, and people outside making noise he would call the cops.

Did he not notice that the house next to him was painted bright purple???

This is the same situation. Someone moves INTO an area and then complains about it. Maybe (if they could have possibly ignored the fireworks for the past 7 years) they should have resarched the community before moving in.
2009 Trips to GAdv: None Yet!
Bull Rides: (34) -- KKount: (65.5)
View My Pictures!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 01:51:53 AM »
It took these people how many years to one day wake up out of their coma and realize GADV was across the street?\

^Stew no worries, cause what you said there is a nail in the head
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]