Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Metsman's Totally Empty 5/16 TR!  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Metsman.

• Balin's Jungleland
  • Open your eyes, I'm a blessing in disguise
Metsman's Totally Empty 5/16 TR!
« on: May 17, 2006, 04:33:35 PM »
I made my first trip in 2006 to the park yesterday with the physics classes in my school. We had to get to school at 7 AM, and didn't leave until 8:30ish... The driver got lost in the suburbs of Jamaica, and then we ended up having to wait for about 15 minutes at a rest stop for one of the other buses to catch up. It was really pouring rain on the way down, and we were a little anxious about it. We eventually got to the park at 11, parked in the bus lot, and got off.

While we were making the killer walk from the bus to the gate, we noticed that the rain had seriously eased up, and was a little more than a drizzle at this point. We got to the gate area, and we saw they were getting ready to film a commercial. I looked to the right, and right there was... MR.SIX. I was thinking.... "didn't this dude get fired?" But there hee was, just sitting there, 15 feet away from me having his make up put on. Greatest moment of my life by far... (just kidding, but seriously). We entered, urinated then set out....

At this point I was with 4 other people, and the unanimous vote was Nitro for our first ride. We strolled over towards Movietown, and jammed all the work that we were supposed to do into a locker :) , then kept going towards Nitro. The line was in the station, and we hopped on the last row for my first Nitro lap of the season. I love the back row.... so much air. (10/10)

We proceeded over to Batman, and walked on for a nice, intense ride (7.5/10), then headed towards Chiller, we ducked inside and saw the line was too long for our taste, and decided to go ride Superman. Almost immideatly, we ran into another group of our friends who were going to ride Batman then Nitro. We weren't too keen on the idea of going back, but we did it anyway. We did B:TR, then went to Nitro, and scored another back row lap.

We had to go and check in at the fountain by 1:30 and it was 1 at this point. Everyone was hungry, and we split up, with me and two other people getting butterfly fries by Nitro. Damn those things are good! We took the route around Chiller to get back to the fountain, and ran into some other people who were actually doing the work (ha!), and talked to them for a little bit. Then some other people we knew came by, and we decided to make them go on Medusa with us. They reluctanly agreed, and kept running into more people on our way to the fountain, rounding up a larger and larger posse. We checked in with our teacher then sat down with some of our original friends who had gotten burgers. The members of our posse began to disappear, and me and my friend went over and talked with our bald teacher (the butt of many jokes) who said he was about to go ride Superman. We had been nudging him all year to ride something with us, and we finally had the oppurtunity, so we quickly organized another posse to come with us.

Superman was a walk on, and we actually had a good ride in the back (7.5/10). My friend bought the picture, and we departed. At this point, it was just me, my best friend and our teacher because our other friends disappeared after the ride. The three of us decided on Medusa and headed through the Golden Kingdom. About half way through, one of the disappearing people called me, and she said they had just gotten off of GASM, and told us to wait up so we could do Medusa.

The three of us stopped by the tigers to wait for them, and then we moved into Frontier Adventures. Medusa's line was at the bottom of the stairs, and we waited about 10 minutes to board the back rows (longest line all day). It was a good ride, better than I remembered (7.5/10). My teacher had to get back to the fountain to check more people in so we said goodbye to him, and he headed off. We sat around for a while deciding to ride Rolling Thunder next. Of course we got there and I remembered that of course was closed. Silly me  :rolleyes: . The consensus was Nitro, and we took the scenic route along the lake. The line was still in the station, and we got another back row ride. We walked back around and got on again and again riding three times in total.

We decided to do Superman again, so we headed back onto the Boardwalk, when my friend spotted DDD (I did not like where this was heading). He said "Let's do it." He and another person agreed, but they wanted one more and of course, lucky me, I was the only one with enough money . Oh god...  :'(

We all paid $18 each, and got suited up. They led us out to the launch pad, and we got onto the thingy. I volunteered to NOT pull the cord. The tension mounted with every second that passed. The platform was removed from under our feet, and the three of us were suddenly facing straight down. We began to get towed up and I was scared beyond belief. I am not scared of any coaster (I have done the three biggest in the world), but my age old fear of heights came back as we got higher and higher. I was grasping my friends arm so incredibly tightly, as we continued to rise. We eventually stopped, 150 feet in the air. Lying there. Wow. I heard a voice " Are you ready?? 3,2,1" My friend pulled the ripcord and we plunged. AHHH!!!! We bottomed out and swung over the midway, and I caught some nice air. The rest of the ride was really fun as we swung back and forth. Finally the lady stuck up the stick, and all three of us grabbed on. We were caught, and brought back down to earth. We watched the video (complete with curses), and one of my friends bought it. The ride was probably the scariest thing that I have ever done in my life, but I absolutely loved it. (10/10)

The three of us who ride were utterly speechless, so one of my other friends took charge and led us to Space Shuttle which we hadn't seen operating. When we got there, it turned out that it wasn't operating because nobody was going on it! All of us hopped on and had a good ride. (8/10) I forgot how much the OTSRs hurt your chest! I can only imagine how it was for the girl who was with us  :o .

After Space Shuttle we went to Superman, and had another walk on ride. After that, we walked over to GASM, ready to get our asses kicked. We walked on to blue train and had a decent ride, not that rough, but still bad. (5/10). We had to be back at the fountain at 5:15 and it was 4:30 now, so we decided to go to Nitro for a last ride. We made it there in 15 minutes, and we got to the end of the empty queue, one of the teachers, who was standing in the exit line yelled at us to turn around and go back. Fatso  ::) . So we thought our day was over, but me and my friend wanted to go on Chiller before we left. The station was totally empty, and we walked on to the front row (yes I said it). We had an awesome ride (8/10), and headed for the fountain... Everyone was set, and we departed the park, ready for the long ride back to Long Island.

It was such an awesome day. The park was so empty! Pretty much everything was a walk on or had a line in the station, and it will spoil me for the rest of the season.

Notes:
KK closed (duh)
B:TC closed (damn)
El Toro is freakin enormous!!

Overall day: 10/10: Got to spend a great day with a bunch of friends, all while doing no work whatsoever  ;D . Our teacher didn't seem to care much and said we would go over it in class so..... yeah. Great day.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 05:29:27 PM by Metsman. »

Top 10 Coasters: S:RoS (SFNE), X, Nitro, Kingda Ka, TTD, Millenium Force, Apollo, She

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Re: Metsman's Totally Empty 5/16 TR!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 10:52:29 PM »
Nice TR! I will never ride the Space shuttle( looping starship) again. After the crushing restraints and the near death experiment.