Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Photo Update 5/24  (Read 3379 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Photo Update 5/24
« on: May 24, 2006, 07:12:35 PM »
For those of you interested, tune in or set your TIVO's to Good Morning America this Friday to see me make a total complete fool of myself.  I really had no prep time and didn't know what to say so I kinda winged it ;)  Fortunately, Steve took the on-ride with the lip cam LOL

THANKS STEVE!

Anyway, since I was at the park nearly all day starting at 9:30AM, I figured I'd snap a few pictures.. nothing too exciting but what the heck..

Saw the Tiger show for the first time.  I liked it better last year but it was still good.  (I liked the Disney-type style of the old show)

For some reason, they were looking at the brake run on RT after some testing

More work outside the shed

It ran non-stop for a good hour...hmmmm.....what could that mean..... hmmmm.  IT'S OPENING TOMORROW!

Thank goodness for preferred parking.  I don't know what we'd do without it...sigh

It's alive!

I have to say, it was really odd seeing the batmobile driving through the parking lot.  I couldn't believe they do this with the way people drive in there!

Happy 45th!

Offline sfgadvfreak

• Affiliate
  • Jolly Roger
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
Re: Photo Update 5/24
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 08:54:57 PM »
Great photos Wade!  I pose a question about the perferred parking.  It was promissed that season pass holders would get it for free last year I believe..  Is this going to be the same this year?
Great Adventure...taking over the world one record at a time.

[img width= height=]http://downloads.thestreetnetwork.com/LessThanJake/LTJBanner2.jpg[/img]

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 09:11:10 PM »
^So far when I've gone it's been an additional $5.

I'll just take the right side of the the yellow dividers and park 20 ft away and save $5.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 09:21:43 PM »
What can we expect Friday on GMA ?
Yo

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 09:26:25 PM »
Quick segment about coasters with coastin steve and myself.  I would expect it to maybe be 5 minutes long. 

Part of that "Memorial Weekend" kicking off Summer idea ;)

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 10:14:46 PM »
I'll be sure to watch when I'm home from school. Sounds interesting, bet they were bummed that ET and KK were closed.

Offline stew560

• Jolly Roger
  • Disco Stu Doesn't Advertise!
    • Stew560's SmugMug
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 12:59:50 PM »
Cool Stuff. I'll be TiVo'ing and will rip it for you guys.
Also, nice pics!

About the Tiger Show: I'm a friend of a friend of the head trainer and it was actually the Tiger Trainer's decision to change the show away from the broadway-style to more of an educational show. That is what they are there for. That is what they do. They felt the Dancers lessened the true value of what they do with the Tigers.

Besides, now you get to have that Dancer ?Guy? in front of Wildfire Pizza!
2009 Trips to GAdv: None Yet!
Bull Rides: (34) -- KKount: (65.5)
View My Pictures!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 01:14:18 PM »
lol  well thanks for clearing that up for me Stew.  My respect for the show just went up a notch.  At this point then, I'd say the only thing it needs is for the lead guy to get a little more comfortable with the script which I guess will only come with time over the summer.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 08:39:27 AM »
I was CUT  :'(  LOL

Not that I really mind.  The segment was a joke.  Even Beth from IAAPA was only on it for about 3 seconds.  Well, at least Steve got some time and was able to brag about his 1000+ rides on Nitro  ;)

Lets see, I really need to come up with a catchy name like Coastin Steve has.  lol

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 09:14:14 AM »
I missed it I was busy and forgot to set my DVR.
1000 rides nice
Yo

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 11:03:11 AM »
^Along with Steve and  Nitro It was a great Voyage commercial . Plus the amazing Helicopter shots of Tatsu's trains  flying through the course were nice.  They had last year's shots of Kingda  ka  cresting over the Top hat and the animation of El Toro going down the drop. Oh, almost forgot,  EE from Disney was shown as well.

Wade , sorry you footage never made it out of the editing room.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 11:05:32 AM »
The only thing I'm really bummed about is that I could have had off from work today instead of Wednesday (I switched days).  Then I could have had a chance to see PDC finished and ride RT.

However, from what I understand, those of you that are running to the park today may not see this new section open anyway.  It "might" open later this afternoon but at the moment, it is closed.

edit: I would like to add however that in the end, Wednesday turned out to be a better day regardless.  My entire family was able to go, the weather we PERFECT and the crowds were nice.  Come to think of it, I don't know if we've ever had such a great time when all 4 of us were there at the same time.  It really was a nice overall day.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 11:07:56 AM by WadeJ »

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 08:21:17 PM »
For those of you who missed it, you can view the GMA segment here - http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2007305