Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Photo TR: Knoebels 5/26  (Read 3672 times)

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
Photo TR: Knoebels 5/26
« on: May 27, 2006, 04:33:06 PM »
Well since me and Rob(Frisbeeking) had the day off for unknown reasons. >:( We decided to head out to Knoebols for the day. I never been there before so I really had a good time. It took us about 5 hours to get there because Rob got lost and we stopped several times, the rain and fog didn't help much either.

We got there at 1pm and arrived in a nearly empty parking lot which was awesome. So we head into the park and get our wristbands and head to the best flat ride ever, the FLYERS!

Now I been on the Flyers at Lake Compounce, Hershey and PKD. These are soo much better and I don't know how many times the ride op yelled at us to stop snapping the cables.  :P

Next up was the Looper...

I never been on this type of ride before and had no idea what to do until it started to run. You basically step on a pedal and try to make the car spin and it just does not stop. I never felt so disoriented on any ride in my life. One ride on that was enough for me.

Finally after that I had to get my coaster fix, which one do I choose? You will find out soon..
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 12:08:38 PM by Bubba Z »

Offline Cyclonic

• Insomniac
  • Global Moderator
  • Enchanted Teacups
    • Penncoasters.com
Re: Photo TR: Knoebols 5/26
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 04:35:50 PM »
MMMMM...Flyers!
The world is coming to an end, I've actually created a blog!

Offline ChuckR

• Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 04:40:36 PM »
You know, Flyers just went up a whole notch as one of my favorite flats because of Knoebols. There bumper cars are amazing as well, but I will get to that later. I gotta run, I will finish this later.

Offline Cyclonic

• Insomniac
  • Global Moderator
  • Enchanted Teacups
    • Penncoasters.com
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 04:42:37 PM »
Ahhhh, see, now you know the root of my addiction.
The world is coming to an end, I've actually created a blog!

Offline ChuckR

• Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 11:29:45 PM »
After the Looper. we needed to get on some coasters so we headed to Phoenix. There was no wait for any row when we walked into the station so we opted for the front row. This ride kicked butt and was awesome, every row on this ride delivers and those last bunny hills make this ride amazing. Great ride and got a bunch of rerides on it throughout the day.

That model they have the ride is really cool!

After that we headed to Fandango, there new Top Spin they got last year. This thing was crazy, probaly one of the best Top Spins I been on. It is also cool when you stand in line and the thing feels like its going to hit you, its fun.

We then headed on over to Twister, which is pretty isolated by itself. Twister is a fun ride, if you like speed and turns you will like this ride. It doesn't have much air, except in the front but its a really good ride. The big double helix around the station is pretty awesome as well.

More to come, even a little construction update of the Flying Turns...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 11:31:24 PM by ChuckR »

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 10:15:56 AM »
Yes the Flying Saucers (thats what clementon park called them ) was my favorite ride that Clementon had them years ago.
When I was a Kid I used to "fly" them back and forth on one cable "snapping" We used to get kicked off it all the time.
great report
Yo

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 03:49:50 PM »
I always made me sad when I'd see the old flyer buckets laying in the infield of Jack Rabbit years later.

Great TR Chuck- I look forward to the rest of it!

Offline ChuckR

• Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 11:57:59 PM »
After Twister, we headed back near the Flyers and walked are way into the Bumper Cars. These things are the best Bumper Cars I been on and put all other ones I been on to shame. I must of spun out so many different people it was awesome. (Sorry no pictures)

After that we went back to the car for a drink and then re-entered and made our way onto High Speed Thrill Coaster. This thing is the Kingda Ka of kiddie coasters, its crazy. In the back you get whipped around all over and they cycle it three times which is good.

We then walked by the Satellite and it had no line so we figured why not. This thing would be good if they let me and Rob sit on different sides but the Operator made us cram into one side resulting in a painful expierence. I thought the thing didn't have enough power to make a complete loop but it did and it was alright.

On our way off we walked over to the Power Surge and tried it out. I been on the one in Seaside and this one had a longer cycle resulting in a better ride. Very cool going upside down then looking straight down at the ground.

We then rerode Pheonix another 2 times and also did the Flyers again, amazing! We got some Pheonix Burgers and then tried the Haunted House, which I thought was alright and the only part that made me jump was the headlights and the loud horn. We then walked over to the Train ride and went on it. It gave alot of good views of Twister and of the waterpark. I only took one picture on the train.

We then went and played some Phantasmic and couldn't believe they actually gave Knives away as prizes. Then we did the Whipper, which I didn't really get any excitement out of it. I hear the one at Dorney is alot better and I will try it out next time I'm there. We then hopped on the Ferris Wheel to get some aerial pictures of the park.

Final Update to come later...

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 07:15:28 AM »
Phantasmic... it's Fascination  :P

I like your pictures, I'll put some of mine up tomorrow when I'm off, for now sleep is needed.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 09:29:59 AM »
THe roto-plane is another ride they had at Clementon it was called the Salt and Pepper shacker when CLementon had one.
THey also had the "big" bumper cars and the Classic whip.
Knoebels is great for all the old classics I haven't been there in years but always great fun.
Did you go on the mini trains that you pedal to make them go  ?
Yo

Offline ChuckR

• Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
Re: Photo TR: Knoebels 5/26
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 01:20:46 PM »
No, I thought it was a kiddie ride?!?

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006, 03:28:22 PM »
I was never on them either but I seen pictures of grown men on them I guess just as a joke  ?
Yo

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2006, 03:24:36 PM »
Awesome photo's.

I can't wait to get back to Knoebels.
- Gregg

See my photo album here:

http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2006, 03:27:18 PM »
I miss Knoebels! I pray I get back there this season since I missed my annual visit last season :(

Offline ChuckR

• Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2006, 03:41:55 PM »
Now onto the Flying Turns construciton.

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2006, 03:45:38 PM »
Thanks for sharing Chuck. Rick really loves the classic rides at Knoebels so, I know he will appreciate Flying Turns as much as the rest of us :)