Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: What do you want for 2007?  (Read 18451 times)

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
What do you want for 2007?
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2005, 01:47:50 PM »
A 4-D by B&M would be awsome but let me get my head out of the clouds and back down to earth.

What I would like for 2007 is for both sides of chiller to be operating, Kingda Ka to have its kinks worked out, Flat rides to replace Choas and the Cows, and finally a Season Pass Lane at the Parking Toll Booth if that is not happening already. I am not expecting a coaster, but I am very curious to see what the other parks around us do for that year, If im correct Dorney should be getting some sort of ride, hopefully not a flop like Hydra!
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2005, 01:51:23 PM »
All I want for 2007 is my two front teeth!!

Sorry, just listening to these Christmas songs make me crazy!!  :x

Anyways, yes I want a Huss Giant Frisbee!

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2005, 02:23:43 PM »
Quote from: "DianaR"
Hmm, the Sally interactive rides like GhostHunt at LC would be neat! I wouldn't mind a Spiderman style ride like Nitro118 suggested but, we have to wait and see how far and elaborate Our new chairmen are going to be.

Yeah, I think that would be a last choice, the Spiderman style ride, as they are EXTREMELY expensive. I do not know how much DarKastle at BGW cost, but Spiderman cost well over 100 million (I believe it was an upwards of 200 million). And I'd much rather get something over DarKastle, as that ride wasn't made nearly as well as Spiderman, yet probably cost a pretty penny.

Offline Metsman.

• Balin's Jungleland
  • Open your eyes, I'm a blessing in disguise
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2005, 03:29:57 PM »
I think one of the Scooby Doo dark rides that a bunch of SF and Paramount Parks have gotten is a reasonable alternative to a Spiderman/Darkastle. They're not too expensive, are interactive, and are fun for everyone from little kids to adults.

Top 10 Coasters: S:RoS (SFNE), X, Nitro, Kingda Ka, TTD, Millenium Force, Apollo, She

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2005, 03:59:38 PM »
Yeah, I suggested that earlier, and said it was GADV's best option for a dark ride. I think if GADV dished out some nice bucks, they could add a truly great ride that could rival MIB: Alien Attack at USF.

Offline Cyclonic

• Insomniac
  • Global Moderator
  • Enchanted Teacups
    • Penncoasters.com
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2005, 05:23:51 PM »
I don't think they need something like that.  They are better off with a larger interactive ride that is not ulta expensive, but will still have good throughput.  I think the Scooy Doo type ride fit the bill, specitficly like the one at PKI, which has a muc larger capacity then the standard Sally rides because it has the conveyor style coaches that are always in motion.

But I would be happy with a few lrge flats, a Giant Drop (not a gyro drop, they are too high maintance), Giant Frisbee, Tople Tower.  Rides that have very good capacity and are very reliable.
The world is coming to an end, I've actually created a blog!

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2005, 05:32:57 PM »
Yeah, the Scooby Doo rides are the same concept as MIB: Alien Attack. Only difference is the amount of theming and possibly manufcturer (not sure about that one).

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2005, 05:41:08 PM »
Family flats would be VERY nice as well as something new in HH . I didn't even go to the Harbor last year, they really need an update . A water coaster is cool, but we rode one this summer not too much of a thrill. Cool, but not too thrilling. The best thing is the new tornado slides, we loved it this summer and it is good on keeping the line moving.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2005, 07:38:32 PM »
I'd say its only a matter of time before a Tornado comes to NJ  :wink:

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2005, 08:06:00 PM »
Quote from: "chilled182"
perhaps the new bugs bunny themed section of the park will bring back some of these higher capacity family rides?

Exactly what Great Adventure needs. People eaters. If Spongebob gets the axe for a ball coaster, capacity will be an issue. That line is always long which is great.

Offline KingdaKaRuler05

• Monkey Around
  • Can't Stop
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2005, 11:33:01 PM »
A dark ride would be great for us. I have loved every dark ride I've ever been on, and I'd be completely satisfied with any type of dark ride. Hershey's getting one this year, and even some along those lines (Sally dark ride) would be amazing.

-KKR05
Under the bridge downtown...

1 VS. 100...Fridays at 8 on NBC!

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2005, 04:19:49 PM »
With the new Six Flags management I would think they will add more capacity rides for the "general family"  visitor and overall improvements in customer services.
Also if the hotel pricing is anything like that at Cedar Point look for $200+  a night rooms.
Maybe they will have weekday deals for the hotel and park or a Season pass discount would be nice.
also dark ride would be nice
Yo

Offline sfgadvfreak

• Affiliate
  • Jolly Roger
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2005, 12:12:33 AM »
In all truthfullness, all I want for next year is Mr. Six back.  And hopefully some just general improvements.
Great Adventure...taking over the world one record at a time.

[img width= height=]http://downloads.thestreetnetwork.com/LessThanJake/LTJBanner2.jpg[/img]

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2005, 12:16:06 AM »
Themeing. Thats what makes a park great. When you have other stuff besides trees, its awesome. Look how good the GK came out looking. If only other places could look as good.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2005, 09:53:57 AM »
Thats what always amazed me about IOA.  The park really doesn't have that many rides or attractions.  In fact, I was able to do every single one of them in one day.  Some multiple times.

However, we as guests percieve the place as being VERY nice and worth the insane costs to get in simply because of the theming.  Long lines?  Who cares when I can look at all this cool stuff and take neat pictures.

Theming (like it or not) really does transform a park into a completely different level.

How awesome would it be if our "Movie Town" was REALLY transformed into a true backlot similar to Disney MGM or Universal Studios?  Just walking through there would have a "wow" factor.

Thats why besides making everything work 100% again, I'm still all for the continuation of sprucing the place up :).

Offline blazzinmatt

• Parachute Training Center
    • MATTDONDERS
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2005, 10:24:39 AM »
I agree with Wade 100% on this one. Theming in the park would totally change people's outviews on the park and I think it would raise attendance figures. In my opinion we are one of the top parks that people know by name. You say Islands of Adventure and people know exactly what you are talking about, and I think that when you say Great Adventure people know exactly what you are talking about as well, but they know or at least think that Islands of Adventure is a nicer park in terms of theming. A dark ride would be good to add to the parks ride list just because its something we dont have and its a great experience if themed properly. I think Earthquake at Universal Studios is an amazingly themed ride. Something like that would totally be awesome at Great Adventure. I'm hoping for a well themed ride for '07.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2005, 01:50:52 PM »
Themeing is the best way to go. Movie town doesnt really look like a movie town to me sadly. I also think the park should extend into the lots of property they have. Its starting to become a little too crowded with all the new rides and the paths not being wide enough. We have the land. We should use it. The park would look spectacular with a complete themeing job.

Offline Metsman.

• Balin's Jungleland
  • Open your eyes, I'm a blessing in disguise
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2005, 05:51:31 PM »
I think that they should replace Twister with a new generation Huss Top Spin with the back to back rows of seats, and water effects. The restraints are much more comfortable than the ones on ours because they don't have those genital squashers, and are the same ones on maXair.

http://www.valleyfair.com/images/misc/misc_Riptide_1.jpg

Top 10 Coasters: S:RoS (SFNE), X, Nitro, Kingda Ka, TTD, Millenium Force, Apollo, She

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2005, 11:36:48 PM »
i think they should bring back the BTR theming.. especially now that batman begins came out, and everyone got to see the decaying streets of gotham for the first time in a real sense.

I think we need a maurer shone earthquake designed drop tower.. also a great movietown themed ride.

I think that we in general need to do something with the lame movie town theme.

Nitro needs to have some kind of theme around it, since im ranting about theming right now.

congo rapids was just thrown back there, nothing jungle like about that one.

The west, well, it needs a face lift i believe.
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline blazzinmatt

• Parachute Training Center
    • MATTDONDERS
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2005, 11:41:25 PM »
I think that with the new areas of the park will come themeing that we weren't expecting. I think that they will go ALL out with the themeing of the two new sections. It is going to be something totally not expected by the GP that visit Six Flags.

I also hope to see that their is themeing of the old rides like chilled said. Some of the rides really need themeing to make them more attractive to the general public, but I don't think themeing will make them choose one ride over the other, but it will make the park more attractive.

Offline ChillerDude

« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2005, 09:27:15 AM »
I would LOVE a new flat package of like 10. We could bring back old ones in storage and get some from other parks and then change all the air gater to magnetic gates like on Tallon at Dorney park. It'll make the dispatches a lot quicker instead of waitng.

http://www.freewebs.com/gstp/
come one come all and join the forums!

Offline Nozzy

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2005, 10:56:41 AM »
Oh yeah I forgot about the magnetic gates there, which I also thought would be nice at our park.  I doubt we'll see them change the gates though.  It might not actually make the times shorter either, as at Dorney when I went you needed the ops to check that each gate was closed, and so then the attendent needs to wait in the back of the station until they're locked.  There's also the problem of people not pushing them open.
Still alive, contrary to popular belief.

Offline sfgadvfreak

• Affiliate
  • Jolly Roger
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2005, 11:18:12 PM »
Quote from: "ChillerDude"
I would LOVE a new flat package of like 10. We could bring back old ones in storage and get some from other parks and then change all the air gater to magnetic gates like on Tallon at Dorney park. It'll make the dispatches a lot quicker instead of waitng.

Now remember what happened the last time we had a flat package...hmmmm almost all are gone already.   I dislike magnetic gates though, it makes the park feel second rate almost.

[img width= height=]http://downloads.thestreetnetwork.com/LessThanJake/LTJBanner2.jpg[/img]

Offline ChillerDude

« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2005, 12:05:51 AM »
But that was what? 7 years ago? So now they have newer and better tecnology

http://www.freewebs.com/gstp/
come one come all and join the forums!

Offline sfgadvfreak

• Affiliate
  • Jolly Roger
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2005, 12:48:40 AM »
It seems not so long ago, but when you think back on it, it really was 7 yeras ago.  Man, time flys.  I'd be content with a simple drop tower, or that rumored Verticle Drop Coaster :lol:  (some of you might remember that little dicussion in a chat room a while back  *cough nick, diana, old central people *cough*)