Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: What do you want for 2007?  (Read 18452 times)

Offline KingdaKaRuler05

• Monkey Around
  • Can't Stop
What do you want for 2007?
« on: November 25, 2005, 11:15:16 PM »
Ok, so here's a topic for what YOU want to come in 2007!

I want a nice flat package, like SFOT is getting this year. The flats I currently want the most are a Giant Frisbee from Huss, and some classics, such as a scrambler and a Tilt a Whirl.

So...what do you want for 07? If anything?

-KKR05
Under the bridge downtown...

1 VS. 100...Fridays at 8 on NBC!

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 11:18:44 PM »
I want my very own office inside the new Hotel.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 12:21:27 AM »
A Hurricane Harbor expansion!

Offline MForce23

• Monkey Around
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 12:31:07 AM »
Yes I would deff want a hurricane harbor expansion and maybe a drop tower and a frisbee...

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2005, 12:52:07 AM »
the ECC crew will be the first to party in the new hotel rooms.. on opening day weekend!

It would be very nice to see a nice hotel go up.  Than i wouldnt have to worry about driving home with a coaster-hangover.  

Flat packages would be very nice, as we are in serious need.

A drop tower perhaps?

and agreed with chuck, the harbor needs some attention.

It wouldnt hurt to throw a nice coaster in the mix somewhere.  I wont be too picky though :)
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline gadvrider2

• Koala Canyon
    • http://Gainsider.com
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 06:33:54 PM »
HH hasnt changed since it opened up. I will be sure to be one of the first people to stay in that hotel.

Offline stew560

• Jolly Roger
  • Disco Stu Doesn't Advertise!
    • Stew560's SmugMug
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 06:46:33 PM »
Actually they added to HH in 2001. But yes, they are dearly in need of something new... And hopefully not a Tornado!
2009 Trips to GAdv: None Yet!
Bull Rides: (34) -- KKount: (65.5)
View My Pictures!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

Offline MForce23

• Monkey Around
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 07:18:04 PM »
I kind of want a Tornado. They look awsome!! Never got to ride the one in SFNE becouse the lines were way too long. :x

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 10:00:31 PM »
I think HH will be getting some attention soon :)

Personally, I'd just like to see EVERYTHING 100% rehabbed and operational by 2007.

IMO, that is what they were aiming for with the new hotel coming so I guess we'll soon find out.

Offline Cyclonic

• Insomniac
  • Global Moderator
  • Enchanted Teacups
    • Penncoasters.com
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2005, 10:57:20 PM »
Quote from: "stew560"
Actually they added to HH in 2001. But yes, they are dearly in need of something new... And hopefully not a Tornado!

Tornado slides are a whole lot of fun.  I would love to see some more slides, and something different, maybe a water coaster.  Any expansion over there would be welcome.

I keep saying, if I ran the park, capacity would be my goal.  A bunch of large flats would do it.  

I would replace the parachute drop with an Intamin Giant Drop, like the one at PKD.  It is a very simple ride with a high capacity.  I would also make it the largest, just to make the marketing of it a little better.  That is what I would love to see in 2007.
The world is coming to an end, I've actually created a blog!

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2005, 11:03:04 PM »
Anything high capacity for our park is what we need. I too am 100% for a HH expansion or additions.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2005, 11:41:02 PM »
I want enough money to stay at the hotel opening night. :D
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2005, 12:40:17 PM »
Quote from: "Cyclonic"
I would replace the parachute drop with an Intamin Giant Drop, like the one at PKD.  It is a very simple ride with a high capacity.  I would also make it the largest, just to make the marketing of it a little better.  That is what I would love to see in 2007.

the drop could go towards the west.. the only big structure there is kingda ka.  I think its time people see the park up high from the west.

The chutes are one of the most classic things we have in the park.  I say instead of replacing it.. why not run it to its full capacity?  Think of the site.. every chute operational at the same time.  That would be something to see.

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2005, 01:53:45 PM »
Quote from: "chilled182"
Quote from: "Cyclonic"

the drop could go towards the west.. the only big structure there is kingda ka.  I think its time people see the park up high from the west.

The chutes are one of the most classic things we have in the park.  I say instead of replacing it.. why not run it to its full capacity?  Think of the site.. every chute operational at the same time.  That would be something to see.

Ahh, Nick is on my side when it comes to removing classic Gadv rides. I think the parachute needs to stay! :) A drop ride would fit nicely Between the Log Flume and the concert arena.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2005, 02:56:37 PM »
I forget which thread it was in but somewhere before I had mentioning putting a massive drop ride in over by BOTW on the land that used to have the shooting gallery lol

Yes, I agree, the chutes need to stay.  I believe Gadv and SFOT are the only 2 remaining parks with these rides.  Its a high capacity ride that is tame enough for most people to ride to.  I'm afraid a new drop ride replacing it would again hurt the parks capacity just like all the other flats they have taken out that families could ride together.

Personally, I'd just like to see some simple rides come back.  A scrambler, tilt-a-whirl, baloon race, etc. are great and simple family flats.

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2005, 03:14:24 PM »
perhaps the new bugs bunny themed section of the park will bring back some of these higher capacity family rides?

Offline CoasterPete

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2005, 03:37:42 PM »
I agree with Wade.  I still miss Joust-A-Bout which in my eyes was a fun family ride.  Ironically today, I was thinking about our old Scrambler when we kept hearing that it would be relocated and the ride's parts were actually placed where Pirates Flight used to be, and then all of a sudden they disappeared never to be seen again.  

Pete
Florida's hidden secret.....the Dania Beach Hurricane!

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2005, 07:22:32 PM »
I would like alot more flats at GADV. Everyone would. We just need some good rides that are somewhat new. There is alot of space to expand all over the park. I just want some nice flats....:(

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2005, 09:30:02 PM »
For the most part, in 2007 I would just like to see the park have smooth operations with no staffing issues, no ride break downs and no rides being MIA all season (Batman Chiller).  After that, I hope they continue the pace with the improvements.  The place is looking better and better every day!  And finally, YES, they need to add some good ol' family flats back.  They are dearly missed.  :cry:

Offline Nozzy

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2005, 11:59:58 PM »
Like many others I'd like to see all parachutes working again, as well as both sides of Skyride!  Staffing good enough for three trains on the big coasters as well.  Get Batman the Chiller open and maybe get some theming back into Batman the Ride.  Rolling Thunder did race this year, but I can't remember ever seeing 4 trains on it, so try for that.  New trains on Runaway Train would rock, and it would be even cooler (but zero chance) of having it at 3 train operation.  Finally, better flats, but we know we're at least getting one next year, possibly more in BBNP.
Still alive, contrary to popular belief.

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2005, 07:50:05 AM »
Welcome to Updates Nozzy! oh and to stay on topic, I'd like a RollerSoaker! I already dropped Kristen a hint lol.

Offline Metsman.

• Balin's Jungleland
  • Open your eyes, I'm a blessing in disguise
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2005, 03:31:38 PM »
Maybe an Intamin Gyro Drop. I believe the ring holds 60 people (correct me if I'm wrong) and would do wonders for capacity.

A flat would be nice too, like a 40 seat Screamin Swing or a Huss Giant Frisbee (maXair was incredible!!!).

Top 10 Coasters: S:RoS (SFNE), X, Nitro, Kingda Ka, TTD, Millenium Force, Apollo, She

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2005, 12:14:17 AM »
For 2007, I would like 1 more year of a really good park cleanup, and 2-3 flats. the first would be the much needed frop ride that we have desperately needed for the past few years. Another flat would be something along the intensity line of a Huss Giant Frisbee, or something of that nature. The last would be a family ride the whole family can enjoy.

An alternative to adding those flats would be adding a much needed dark ride. I actually think this is even more overdue than the drop tower, as GADV has NO dark rides whatsoever. Some ideas for the ride would be a ride similar to MIB-Alien Attack/Buzz Lightyear at MK, a ride similar to Spiderman/DarKastle, or finally a heavily themed coaster similar to ROTM at USF/Expedition Everest. The problem with the last idea is that it would be similar to Skull Mountain, so that would be my last choice. I don't think SF would spend the big bucks on a ride similar to Spiderman, so that is out. I think an interactive dark ride like MIB would be the best fit for GADV, as it is affordable, is for the whole family, and most people LOVE these types of rides.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2005, 08:37:25 AM »
With Snyder and Shapiro, I think our chances just went WAY up for a dark ride.

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2005, 10:29:57 AM »
Hmm, the Sally interactive rides like GhostHunt at LC would be neat! I wouldn't mind a Spiderman style ride like Nitro118 suggested but, we have to wait and see how far and elaborate Our new chairmen are going to be.