Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Overlord becomes El Matador  (Read 2219 times)

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
Overlord becomes El Matador
« on: June 13, 2006, 09:43:22 PM »
Time: 1:30 - 5 PM

Group: Myself and Girlfriend

Quote of the day: "How was it?"

So me and the girlfriend arrive at the park at about roughly 1:30. At this point I'm angry because my sister delayed an earlier arrival but in the end it didnt really matter. First off, when I went to enter the park, no season pass enterances were open. Not like they needed to be today but this has happened the past few times I have been to the park. Whats the dealio?

So obviously it being El Toro's Grand Opening and that was the main purpose of the whole trip, we head straight for it. We come to the enterance to Plaze del Carnaval. We were greated by a long line that stretched out of the Plaza. However, this was only because Media Day was not over and so we decided to wait. A security guard came down later and gave us all tickets. Check my pictures out for what they look like. That took us about 40 minutes to wait until they finally opened the queue.

As we are walking into the queue, there is a bunch of guys on the loudspeakers talking so they pick me out and were talking to me. They asked me whats my favorite coaster and I had to give mad props to B:TC. That top hat is invincible in my eyes as an element. But BTC would not be ontop of my list 1.5 hours later.

So we get in line and the DJ is doing his thing. I was closed to being picked for trivia. But its not like he was giving out anything good. So we waited in line and it seemed to move really fast. We got into that station around 3:30 finally. We waited for back row because medieval said so. :D The second train was not running but thats ok. They have a really cool switch track for the transfer of the trains. I like the extra set of carriers to prevent wear and tear on the coaster.

So with our luck, we got on one ride earlier due to this girl and her broken foot. The couple ahead of us let us go in order for them to be with their friends. So we hop on and my adrenaline started to pump. Did I mention I had to pee really badly? Anyways. We buckle up with the awesome seat belts. Military style I'm guessing? But they look more like bulls so thats why I thought they were pretty cool. I tightened it to as much as it could go. I didnt wanna become another Intamin accident victim. They staple me in without any problems and they check the trains. All Clear. Dispatch!

I found it weird that they played the Kingda Ka slogan with the head back thing. I didnt know what to rest my head on in the first place. :lol: We roll out of the station and I give the crowd some horns with my fingers. Got some horns back as well. We roll around and start heading up the lift hill. This thing was insane. You start out slow and you keep gaining speed all the way up the hill. Amazing. We round the corner and total droppage.

This was probably one of the most intense feelings I have ever felt in my life. It was pure bliss though. No hands down the whole drop and through the whole ride. It was airtime galore after that. Especially on the crossover hill. I got whiplash from that. Also, the headchoppers on the speed hill are just so perfect.

We roll back into the station and the couple that let us go before them immediately asked me, "How was it?!" Of course I told them it was awesome. I shouted the whole ride. We walked out of the station and towards the photo booth. I had a little encounter there but it was no big deal even though it frustrated me. I didn't feel like going on anything else so we left the park. You pretty much know what I'm giving El Toro as a rating.

Rating: 11/10

Overall Trip Rating: 7/10

Here are the pictures from the day. My batteries were pretty much dead so I couldnt taken 130 pictures like I usually do. I just wish I hadnt made that one encounter at the photo booth... :(

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
Re: Overlord becomes El Matador
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 03:28:00 AM »
What happened at the photo booth?
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 06:57:04 AM »
Here is a brief summary:
Eh I dont feel like getting into it. I just didnt like some of the looks that I got when I brought a digital camera over towards the booth.
Its really no big deal but for some reason, it bugs me. Thats the only reason I would give the day a 7 or else it would have been a 10.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 09:34:15 PM »
Ah.  I guessing it was something due to the "no pictures of the pictures" policy.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 10:24:40 PM »
^Yeah I found that out the hard way with a bunch of stares coming from the employees...It made me feel very uncomfortable and unwelcomed.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 08:42:21 AM »
Keep in mind that those employees are from a outside vendor.  So basically, they are protecting their product and profits, not Six Flags.

With that said, I recall seeing any easy to read signs mentioning this policy.  Is there one RJ?

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 08:53:42 AM »
They have a sign at  Medusa that says  "Please  don't take pictures of the monitors" .
 But that's the only one I've seen so far in the park.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 01:53:11 PM »
Keep in mind that those employees are from a outside vendor.  So basically, they are protecting their product and profits, not Six Flags.

With that said, I recall seeing any easy to read signs mentioning this policy.  Is there one RJ?
Yeah no big deal. I understand they want to make the most money they can. Even after they changed my picture off their monitor, they were still staring me down as if I was going to take a picture. Thats the only thing that really bugged me.