Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Photo TR: HoliWood Nights (Holiday World)  (Read 2392 times)

Offline twisterbret

• Balin's Jungleland
Photo TR: HoliWood Nights (Holiday World)
« on: June 15, 2006, 10:11:22 AM »
My wife, Jill, daughter; Kerri, and my son; Conner headed out for Holiday World Memorial Day weekend. I normally don't do any traveling that weekend since I lived by the "shore" all my life. The "shore" being all 130 miles of it :)
 We split the drive in half. I normally drove straight thru to Holiday World in the past but trying doing that with a 1 year old LOL. I booked a room at the Kings Island Inn. It was starting to get run down the last night I was there but I heard it was remodled. This put us right across from Kings Island. Without a season pass and a storm blowing thru and 9 hour drive behind us, we desided the large indoor pool would work better, and it did! This hotel has some great history behind it. This is were the Brady's stayed when they did there visit to Kings Island. The rate was set at  79.00 for a a room that holds 7 people. Why a 7 person room? At that price and the fact we were going to be in small rooms all week made it a no brainer. Attached is a pic of the storm looming over the hotel. We at "Coasters" which is located in the lobby. You can get a 3 pound Breast Burger. If you eat the whole thing you get a t-shirt. The catch is the burger is 23.00 :)
 We had some flexablity of when we could leave the next day. Registration at HD was  at 4:00 central time.

Friday, we arrive at Santa Lodge at 1:00pm central. Check-in is at 3:00pm. They said check back around 2:00pm. We made a picnic out of it. There is a nice playground and shaded tables out front, so we made the most of it. We got checked in by 2:00. First thing we did was crack the AC. It's always so darn hot when I get to Holiday World. It was like in the 60's a few days before. Even when it's 85 it always feels like 105 and that was the theme for the weekend. In case you don't know, Santa's Lodge is across the street and just a mile down the road from Holiday World. It worked out great because at one point everyone needed a nap and I did the photo walkback. It's worth the extra 10.00 or so to stay there. The owner still runs the desk as he did 10 years ago.

Santa's Lodge in the morning. If you look way back and to the left you can see some lift Hills.

The Legends first drop. I found the Legend not running as well as it has in the past but The Raven was kicking major butt!

The Voyage is build on a interesting hill size. This creates a run home to the station that gets faster and faster.
 This is one of the final curves and your doing like 45-50mph.

First Drop

3rd drop into a tunnel

The final part of the crazy turn around. You can see the back half of the train, still at 90 degrees. The is a great pop and lateral into the tunnel.

Climbing up the 3rd drop. You can just imagine how dark the night rides were with no  moon and no lights!

The shade was welcome since it's always so hot at Holiday World!

This is so much fun! It's even better then it looks!

Speaking of Fun and Hot. Holiday World has a great water park that should not be missed. We got ERT on a few things Sat morning. We all had blast but Conner most of all. There is an area made just for toddlers. He just went crazy! I forget the name of it but I call it he cone of death! Kerri and I went on it twice. I wish I had one in the backyard.

Holiday World is a great family park. It's got the very best wood coaster collection on the planet, free sodas, and sunscreen, and the friendliest staff. With that being said I have to paste one more shot.

Still shot of 90 Degrees!!

« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 10:15:57 AM by twisterbret »

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: Photo TR: HoliWood Nights (Holiday World)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 02:52:46 PM »
There are 2 ways - the IMG tag will allow you to insert any image you would like to in the post from a outside source such as imageshack, webshots, smugmug, etc.  However, some members are in 1024x768 so try to keep the image size down to reduce the amount of scrolling.  Of course, there are now those nifty buttons at the top that allow our members to collapse the left and/or right side bars so this really isn't as much of a concern anymore ;)

The other option is to actually upload the file.  To use the option you must actually post a full reply or new post.  The "additional options" feature isn't available for quick reply.  I've been asked before about the image size and never got around to it but as of right now, the max image size is 512KB isntead of 128 :)

I look forward to your TR Bret!

Offline twisterbret

• Balin's Jungleland
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 12:08:40 PM »
I got the links working. Thanks for everyones help!!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 11:58:32 AM by twisterbret »

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 04:11:46 PM »

Ho! Ho! Ho!

OK, find the picture you want to use from you gallery. Then right click on your picture and select properties. Copy the Address (Url).  Once you have that done, click on the insert image button and paste you picture like this IMG ..Paste your pic here .. Img  when posting,  just make sure you re size them if they are to big. Hopefully that helps. I should have some pictures of Voyage weds night to share when I get home.

Credit pictures * Twisterbret.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 04:19:19 PM by Bubba Z »

Offline Cyclonic

• Insomniac
  • Global Moderator
  • Enchanted Teacups
    • Penncoasters.com
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 05:29:37 AM »
If you are using Firefox, all you have to do is right click and select "Copy Image Location," then paste that (Ctrl+V) between two IMG tags.

I really like the shots of Camden Park.  It has been a few years, since the park is really out of the way, but it is looking good.
The world is coming to an end, I've actually created a blog!

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 08:33:31 AM »
Nice Pictures so far! The Voyage looks like a good ride but from hearing reviews, its bark isnt as bad as its bite. How did you like it or did you not get a chance to ride?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 08:35:54 AM by overlord »

Offline twisterbret

• Balin's Jungleland
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 11:39:09 AM »
Nice Pictures so far! The Voyage looks like a good ride but from hearing reviews, its bark isnt as bad as its bite. How did you like it or did you not get a chance to ride?

Thanks for the help guys. I'll try it in a bit.

The Voyage was an amazing ride. My wife who in the past found Bolder Dash a little much for her, Loved Voyage!! I thought she was not going to like it but she LOVED it. It's an amazing ride and my very favorite wood coaster.Yes it throws you around but not in a bad way. It tracks very smooth and there is really nothing to hurt you. It's worth the long trip out to Holiday World.