Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: June 15 Photos and Trip Report  (Read 1432 times)

Offline OrlandoRocks

• Carousel
June 15 Photos and Trip Report
« on: June 16, 2006, 12:00:07 AM »
GadvUpdates Exclusive !

I arrived at the park gate three minutes after opening and headed straight to El Toro to get my first ride. Upon heading into Plaza Del Carnaval I see people already leaving the area. I knew this would not be good news at all. As I approached the cast member he said it would not be open till noon because of a commercial shoot. I wasn't too bothered by the news since I saw the gate open to medusa was open. After walking half way I noticed the fence was still up on the bridge.  ::) After taking a couple photos security came over and asked everyone to leave the area.

I decided to get a quick ride on Medusa and then come back and wait for El Toro. No wait for Medusa it was running two trains with no stacking. Headed back to El Toro and noticed that Rolling Thunder began running and jumped on real fast. It was running two trains no wait again.

This is where the all the waiting begins. They started to form a line for El Toro by the bull statue and it eventually snaked all the way behind La Cocina. Four random kids cut in the front of people ahead of me and that piss me the hell off. I started to yell at the cutters but security was too busy doing other things. After waiting for a hour and a half I was finally in the station and went straight to the first open row near the back. It was the first row in the last car. Since I went to the park by myself I sat next to some loud mouth that was yelling at some guy who couldn't get the restrains to lock.  :o

Finally it was ride time ! We left the station and headed up the kick ass cable lift. And before you know it you are already going 76 degrees straight down the 188ft drop. The first two bunny hills are incredible ! There are some much ejector air in those first two hills it is insane. The turnaround was pretty wicked too. Next a small bunny hill that doesn't really seem to belong on a coaster like this. Then POW you are hit with my favorite part of the ride the hill over Rolling Thunder. You can not really describe what this hill does you it is simply the best part of the ride. The twister section was alright, I thought it would of been more forceful in that section. BEST RIDE IN THE PARK !

Afterwards I drifted over to Kingda Ka and waited a hour and half for it. Some chick pissed her pants on the ride. Everyone in line thought it was funny in the area except for the guy who had to sit in the seat next.  ;D

Made a quick lap around the park to check out what was going on the other side of the park. Nitro had a ten minute wait , 3 trains, smooth operations once again. After Nitro I went back to ride El Toro for one more ride.

How long ? Hour and thirty minutes. Ok I'll take a ticket. The security guard was WAY OFF it was a two hour and fifteen minute wait ! Good thing they had a DJ this time because the music in Plaza Del Carnaval is horrific ! Six flags need to get that second train running as soon as possible ! I sat in the third row front car and the attendant actually gave me a little bit of a gap between the restraint. This ride was much better than the first one because of the amount of space from the restraint. Headed out of the park and went home.

Camera Equipment:

Photos from Pathway:

New massage chair parlor under the fort:

Poor spinmeister  :(

Both coasters are stilling inside:

Open !

A&E banner under Nitro

Artist painting a picture of Dunkin Dounts new smoothies

When did he get the patch ?

Cars Merchandise !

BBHJ signs are everywhere

Work being done by the cake:

Thanks for reading !
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 12:20:13 AM by OrlandoRocks »

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Re: June 15 Photos and Trip Report
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 12:14:12 AM »
Nice to hear that  the thrid train is back on Nitro.  On  El Toro Did the twister part seem faster the second time you rode it ?

Offline OrlandoRocks

• Carousel
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 08:17:24 PM »
Nice to hear that  the thrid train is back on Nitro.  On  El Toro Did the twister part seem faster the second time you rode it ?

The night ride seemed alot faster than the one in the morning.

Offline DrewSmith

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 04:55:59 PM »
i'm going to great adventure this sunday and monday :]

I CAN"T WAIT FOR EL TORO ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D :)