Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Coaster Celebration  (Read 2046 times)

Offline coasterbruce01

• Koala Canyon
Coaster Celebration
« on: June 19, 2006, 11:51:10 AM »

I was a happy camper when I arrived at CC for the morning ERT. We had Ka first thing in the morning. I managed to get 4 rides on the morning ERT , then headed over to get my first ride on El Toro. I got caught in the bull run for El Toro , I managed to get to El Toro just in time to catch some of the GP lining up. My wait for the coaster was 1 hour.

I see what eveyone was talking about with the vibration on KA, it wasn't bad , but it was noticalbe. It was kind of the same type of vibration that I was feeling on Milliuem Force.

The rest of the coasters were running well, and there was a time that we were able to do Nitro with only a 10 minute wait.

How would I rate El Toro? I have had a chance to think about it , it's a Runway Mine Train on steriods. Take the best of GCI, CCI, and we can't forget Bill Cobb , and add them together with the smoothness of Mine Train , and you have El Toro.

I'm happy that El Toro got built before the No New Coaster regime took over. I would have loved to seen a clone of this at SFNE. It now leads me to wonder , will we ever see another great coaster built like that at a Six Flags park.

Bruce...........................

All thoughts rendered are just my opinions

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
Re: Coaster Celebration
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 12:51:37 PM »
Hey Bruce,

Were you able to get a night ride on El Toro?
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline coasterbruce01

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 01:09:51 PM »
Hey Bruce,

Were you able to get a night ride on El Toro?

Yes I did darkridedan. I was in the last car of the train during the night ERT. I am so glad that El Toro got built.

Were you there ?

Bruce..................................

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 01:22:08 PM »
I was Wildwooding with Rob on Saturday. I hear it's a beast at night. I'm going for my first night time ride on Wednesday.

It was great to see you at Funtown and Lake Compounce last week.
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 03:09:46 PM »
I have got to get there for a night ride.  I'm hearing the same thing- and, this weather is probably making for a even faster ride  ;D

Offline coasterbruce01

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 09:23:07 AM »
I was Wildwooding with Rob on Saturday. I hear it's a beast at night. I'm going for my first night time ride on Wednesday.

It was great to see you at Funtown and Lake Compounce last week.

I didn't put 2 & 2 together until you mentioned Funtown. It was good seeing you guys.

The weather could not have been any more perfect last weekend , it was humid , but not steam hot , and the sun wasn't blazing.

It must have been nice weather in Wildwood.

Bruce.....................................
Posted on: June 20, 2006, 08:14:29 pm
I have got to get there for a night ride.  I'm hearing the same thing- and, this weather is probably making for a even faster ride  ;D

El Toro definitely takes on a life of it's own at night. I think the cool weather will make this coaster even faster. El Toro gives great night rides

Bruce...........................