Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Tony Hawk shows and general TR LONG  (Read 1840 times)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
Tony Hawk shows and general TR LONG
« on: July 14, 2006, 08:47:26 AM »
Well headed down to the park 7/13  with little hope of doing much but seeing Tony Hawk 's show.

Got to the park went right to ET at around 11:45 wait about an hour but the line really moved . As usual great ride !! Over to the parachutes with the little guy .kids were going to go on either superman or sponge bob but both lines were too long for them . Went over to GASM and it was maybe a train or 2 wait. Now it was time eat and head over to the show. On line at 2:30 and the line is huge. We didn't go for all the upcharges the Vip seating or the meet and greet . by 2:50 they were letting us line up right by KK . By this time KK wasn't running and it had started to rain . A passing shower but still it would have made for amazing KK pictures if it was running . The rain BTW was very short but knocked out KK for at least an hour.   Back to the show . The Vip people had bleechers but the standing room only people i think had a better view . I have photo's of the show if I can get them posted i will . We were there early and were right by the ramp. I had NO intrest in this show but the kids loved it . All except the little guy my DS had the quote of the day . I asked if he liked it and he said out loud " I don't like it this stinks " it was pretty funny after waiting around to see it for an hour and then the show lasting another 30-40 min.

After the show we were going to go to KK but people we were with chickened out . The line was only about an hour  though and i do believe all three trains were running. Headed over to the other side of the park. The kids did batman , SM,nitro (2x) ,the log flume over there  (can't remember the name ) and BBLTT as well as a few flats in no time the line for nitro was going up the stairs and they were running all 3 trains  :).

I  have photos of  the show ,ones of GASM ,KK and vipers old trains all in the parking lot from where the show was if anyone wants to see them let me know.
When i go to post them here I get an error that the file is too large . 

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: Tony Hawk shows and general TR LONG
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 09:03:20 AM »
Hmmm, most likely a high mega pixel camera which is probably giving you photos over 1 meg each.  If you have Microsoft Office installed there should be a Picture Manager or Photo Editor of some sort to lower the res of the photos to something like 800x600 or 1024x768.  I suspect your picture files right off the camera are a really high resolution.

Nice TR.  I'm surprised it was that smooth and orderly.  I must admit that it does add even more value to the season passes when you think about it that way.  It does seem odd though that yet again, the park was rather empty for the middle of July.  Normally at this time of year you never would have gotten on so many rides in such a short period of time.

Thanks for sharing ;)

Offline OrlandoRocks

• Carousel
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 11:41:58 PM »
IF YOU HAVE WINDOWS XP:

For reisizing photos the easy wasy download the Windows Powertoy Image Resizer:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

This will explain how to use it:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/learnmore/tips/eschelman2.mspx

I have this downloaded in my computer and it works like and charm ! I highly recommend it to anyone.

Can't wait to see the photos  ;)

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 01:00:39 AM »
This one is very cool, great shot. Thanks again for posting the pictures!

« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 01:06:18 AM by Bubba Z »