Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Aug 2 - Boy it was HOT!!  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
Aug 2 - Boy it was HOT!!
« on: August 05, 2006, 11:51:17 AM »
Call me crazy, but yes I was at the park on that awful HOT day.
It was bearable as long as you stayed out of the sun and drank LOTS of water.
Don't pass a water fountain without taking a drink.
Even though the park was empty my group still decided to get Flashpass Gold to stay out of any lines.
There was a sign up from the day before saying that Flashpass was not being accepted on El Toro?? Hmm.

As expected Kingda Ka and El Toro were not operating at park opening we were told they would have delayed opening.
They both opened at around 11:30 AM. 

El Toro was running 2 trains in the morning..but after a while it closed and they took off one of the trains and ran 1 train consistantly there after.

Kinda Ka was having huge issues.  But at 100 degrees plus what do you expect. I was surprised it was even running!
They were not accepting Flashpass at all on Kingda Ka..when flashed it told you to take the regular line? Hmmm...
It took patience to ride Ka today!!
The front train came back in the station and some little kid in the second row from the back was holding their nose.
It seemed she got a bloody nose and it sprayed all over the back two rows.
It took almost 30 minutes and two bottles of Lysol later for the staff to clean it up. 
And then the medics required them to closed off the last two rows.
The last two rows of the Orange train are now probably the cleanest trains in the park!
I also observed that the took the height measureing stick over to the girl and she did not make the height restirction.
She must have hit her nose on the restraint....Now we know why they have these rules!

We go out to launch and I see the mechanics going back and forth in the gold cart.  Ka isn't happy again.
We sit and bake in the sun for 10-15 minutes and then they decide to bring us back to the station for a reset.
At this time I'm overheating and had about enough...about 4-5 people get off the train and I'm about to giveup too.
5 minutes they have it reset and ready to go.  We watch the first train launch and it looked a bit slow but it made it over.
The very slow catchcar come back (what is up that?) and then we lauch....
We get to the top and I notice I'm actually looking around and see to ocean...see the park....hey we are going backwards.
Rollback!!!
The catchcar pulls us back and the staff/mechanics came out to make sure everyone was OK.
They reset the train and boy did they overlauch us!!!  That was the fastest I ever went over the top..Airtime galore over the top!!
I sure am glad I didn't decide to get off!  Just amazing  ;D

We stayed at the park until around 6:30 PM...A few more rides on El Toro and Nito and we were done for the day.

Would I go to the park on another day that was 100+ degrees?
Yes...But I would wait until later in the day. This would have been a great day for an evening visit to the park...Empty.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
Re: Aug 2 - Boy it was HOT!!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 01:10:26 PM »
^Glad to hear you had a great time. I agree that 100+ degree days make the best days to go. I was at Hershey that day and it was not very crowded.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 02:05:25 PM »
Ugh, I want a rollback!  :'(

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 12:57:28 AM »
I was thinking of going when it was 100 degree.
I still have not got a rollback in 85+ rides on Ka
THat wait in the heat paided off for yo
Yo