Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 8/6/06 - Quick Trip  (Read 1509 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
8/6/06 - Quick Trip
« on: August 13, 2006, 12:32:31 PM »
(tip for lower resolution readers: use the shrink/expand buttons at the top if you need to scroll left and right to see the entire photo and text.)

Well, with all the personal stuff we have going on right now, I was pleasantly surprised to hear my wife say we must get to Gadv today!  Although the real reason for the visit was to see Cailou (why is this kid STILL bald?).  So after thinking I wouldn't step foot into this park in the entire month of August along with nearly all of July (minus the WB shoot), we were off.

The main reason I wanted to point out this show was because IT WAS PACKED.  If this isn't proof enough that a "real" show will draw parents and toddlers to the park, I don't know what is.  Unfortunately, it also brought out how absurd the setup this park has for such a show.

If the show were done properly, it would have been in a actual covered stage and preferably indoors like the playhouse Disney show at MGM.  Not only were we outside on temporary metal bleachers and park benches but we were also subjected to the sun, and the wind which was blowing hard this day.  All that dirt and gravel made for a dusty show.

Here is a shot of what the "stage" looked like -

You can see the not so nice backdrops, audio equipment, big tarps to hide character changeouts, etc.

Notice in the background, the left-overs from another show.  What is the point of the random 2x4's forming a square?  Its probably from FF or something.  Regardless, it just screamed crap.

In the end, the show wasn't half bad.  They could seriously pack them in on a daily basis with a show like this.  And I doubt a show of this size costs as much as a new ride and it could get huge amounts of people indoors and give parents a place to take the little ones out of the elements.  Hopefully this is where Shapiro is heading because this would be a sure hit.

Other notes of the day -

Would you believe one plane is already roped off?  I didn't think so lol.  On EVERY single load, parents would place their kids in the broken plane and ignore the orange strap going around it.  Ugghhh

Here we are stuck on Tango..... again.  My son has YET to ride this thing.

VERY playful on this day!

The weather was awesome!

My artistic show of Ka (which seemed to be running all day)

WHEN DID THIS OPEN!!  Although I was nearly having a nervous breakdown when other kids were in there!

I still don't know what the deal is here.  The bridge is in and operational.  I must also point out that the park should be embarrassed at the amount of crap left on the operators booth for the train.  There were several drink bottles and cups, papers everywhere...bad show

My kids could spend the entire day in these playgrounds

Can't get him out

Pretty

Finally, I was curious if anybody else noticed this.  This is the "tongue" slide where you slide down the tongue through the tigers mouth.  I never noticed the eyeballs and what looks like a face on the end of the tongue.  What's the deal with that?

« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 01:24:43 PM by WadeJ »

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: 8/6/06 - Quick Trip
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 01:41:44 PM »
I figured since I had the high-res  version of the photo that I would zoom in and crop around the operator booth.

Remember, this is a for a ride that isn't operating.  It looks as though its turned into somebodys personal office.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 04:06:58 PM »
Glad you had a good time Wade. I still would like to go in that big playground one of these days, can I borrow your kid? lol

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 10:27:57 PM »
Hey wade i know what you mean about the train PLEASE someone get that thing up and running . Yes the area around the train has looked like that all season. AT least everytime I have been there .

Glad to see your son is also enjoying the jungle gym. Too bad we can't pay someone to go in there with mine he never wants to leave it!!

Nice photos .. I will now have to go on Friday and look for the eyes on the bottom of the slide. I don't ever remember them there before .

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 10:39:47 PM »
^Take Chuck. He will do it for free. :P