Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 9/22 Family Fun Night  (Read 2122 times)

Offline coasterrider1998

• Jungleland Express
  • Cr98 in in you extended Gadvupdates Network!
    • TCT Central - The Site For The Alumni of ThrillCoaster Torus
9/22 Family Fun Night
« on: September 23, 2006, 12:11:27 AM »
OK so tonight was family fun night and I was going to GAdv. I was very excited! (ask Cyclone Man)

So I call him up and tell him that I will be there around 6:30. I jump in my car with my stepdad and mom and head to my friend's house to pick him and another person up. We take the scenic route but it is the fastest way. We get to the parking lot around 6:20 and I call Cyclone Man up. He told me he was in line for Ka and that I would meet him at Toro. Thats cool, so my friends and I head over to Toro and I call Dainan back again to see where they were and they were right behind us. So they jump into line and we all say hi and introduce ourselves. It was funny because this is the first time I met up with enthusiasts at the park. We talked in line for about 30 min and then we headed up into the station. It was my friends in one row, Dainan and I, Spike (Nitro Fan) and Anthony (Daiana's bro), and Dan (kkrider09) and his friend Dave in another. So we head into the train and I also saw a ThrillCoaster Tours friend from last year so we met up with him also. So it was a great Toro ride and very fun. After that we say bye to Dainan and everyone else and me head off to Ka...

Offline coasterrider1998

• Jungleland Express
Re: 9/22 Family Fun Night
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 01:11:32 PM »
Ok back to it. So we left Dainan's group and we haeded over to Ka. My friend didn't want to ride so he sat out. So me, my friend, and my TCT friend waited it out. All in all it was 45 min but it was the best ride ever ridden on Ka. Seriously it was very smooth and very fast. It didn't speed up until 2/3 down the launch track but it was very quick. My friend wanted to go on now but I said if we have time. So I called Dainan and he was over at RMT and we were gonna meet him at Nitro. So we decided to go over to Superman. Superman was empty. When I say empty I mean empty. We walked on to the back and strapped in. I tried to close my leg grabbers by myself but I failed completely. The came over opened them up and I was in. This ride was never so good, It really packs a punch in the back. Well I had forgotten this because I hadn't been on a flyer in so long. After that ride my friend said he was a little sick. We told him to take it slow over to Nitro. So we walked over there towards Movietown and I called Dainan again to see where they were at. They were at Batman and heading over to Nitro. So we waited for them in the station. We jumped on and headed out. Awesome ride untill the helix. I saw my friend was really sick and then Plahhh he threw up everywhere. It was all over. So we went to the nearest bathroom and I called up Dainan. Told him that we can marathon SM so we left with the high five chain. I almost fell over someone in it ha ha.

Overall Day: 9/10

Notes:

Ka Was Great
First Meet-Up With Enthusiasts!
An Awesome Night

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 09:21:53 PM »
Damn, can't believe I missed you and your hat.

Here's my TR:

Me
Jeff (DrunkMunkey)
Chris (UrsaMajor)
Amanda (Queenda Ka)
Dainan (Cycloneman)
Dan (KKryder09)
Anthony (Anthony the Benny)
Stew
ChuckR
Spike (Nitro Fan)
Ryan (Ride op on Nitro)

Well we depaparted around 3:45, picked up Jeff at his house, which was the first time I've ever met him(Really cool kid btw, meet him if you can!). Jumped in the car and headed to Fair Haven to pick up Sarah and Logan. Took about an hour to get there. We played some INTENSEEEE air hockey while waiting for my mom to get subs. We left, got to the park at 6:30. We immediately saw Amanda (Queenda Ka) at the flag poles, and we went to get Chris (UrsaMajor) at the fountain. Then it was off to Kingda Ka. Not sure of the line, but it was really short. The ride was kickin' today, 2 trains, although the second train wasn't running well with the catch car.

Off to Toro to meet with Dainan and crew. Online we met Stew, which was really cool. The line stopped for a long time mid way through, but with enthusiasts, the line always flies. We took 2nd to last and last row. Amazing ride, the front half is worse at night, but the twister is insane at night. I had no idea what was going on. After that we split off, Amanda came with us because they were eating and we wanted to hit Nitro.

Along the way we hit tea cups (basically like being on ectasy laugh.gif ) then hit the flying wave. Then we got on Nitro, line just passed the stairs 15 min wait, back row. Always a great ride. Then we thought we were gonna meet up with Dainan and crew at B:TR but miscommunication, and they were waiting for us at Nitro, so that didn't work and we went to B:TR. It was BUTTER smooth. One of the best B:TR rides I've ever had.

After that we went to Toro for one last ride. The line was half way through the switchbacks. 20 minutes give or take. I rode with Amanda, the middle is not as good as either the back or front, but still amazing Toro. Then as we were walking out, I spotted Chuck and screamed "Chuck!" and chased after him. Talked to him for a bit then went out of the park. On the way out, EMPLOYEE HIGH FIVES! Amazing touch Six Flags. I really loved that part.

Totals:
El Toro x2
Kingda Ka x1
Nitro x1
B:TR x1
Flats x2

Great time for 3.5 hours in the park, lines were minimal. Can't wait to do this again in FF hopefully!

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 12:47:58 AM »
Last night was amazing. I was on the 4th train out on Ka in the front row and got 4 rides on El Toro.

My overall stats for the night were:

Ka: 1x
Toro:4x
Medusa: 1x
Skull Mountain: 1x
Nitro: !x
Batman: 2x
Scream Machine: 2x

Fun time!

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 07:52:43 AM »
I agree.  What a great night.  Very light crowds.  I arrived at the park around 545 pm.  The first thing I got was my season's pass for next year.  I met up with  Ogolo  and we headed over to Nitro.  There was nobody there.  We went on around five times in a row since we did not have to get off.  We then headed to Toro where there was a very minimal wait, maybe around 20 minutes.  We spent the rest of the evening riding Toro.  I thnk we probably rode five times.  We went one last time on Nitro and called it a night right at closing.  I thought it was very cool, how the staff lined up at the exit to thank everyone.  Again, I will go on record as saying how impressed I was this year on how nice the staff was at the park.  I hope to go on Friday for the opening night of Fright Fest.  By the way, the park looked great for Fright Fest.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 09:43:36 AM »
I thought it was awesome slapping hands with the staff on Friday night, they really need to do that more often!

Offline coasterrider1998

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 03:45:00 PM »
Ha ha HANDS! It was such a good time. Even with a 60 min KA wait!

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 10:31:55 PM »
I thought it was awesome slapping hands with the staff on Friday night, they really need to do that more often!

I agree Chuck.  I ran right down the line myself.