Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 9/22/06  (Read 2035 times)

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
9/22/06
« on: September 24, 2006, 11:04:17 AM »
People:
Me
Anthony (the Benny)
Spike (Nitro Fan)
Dan (kkrider09)
Dave (Dan's friend)
Matt (SilverBullet)
Amana (ox. Queenda Ka .xo)
Jeff (drunkmunkey3458)
Ally (kingdakalover4)
Chuck (Rider117)
Cory (coasterrider1998)
Justin (coastercrazy)
Ryan (NitroRyder33, he was working)
Shaun (Stew560)
Sue (SFGASue)
Sue's friend, who's name I forgot.
Logan (Matt's gf)
Sarah (Matt's friend)
Steph (Cory's friend....I think)
Cory (Cory's friend)
Matt (Cory's friend)
Tom (Magnum XL-200 on Insider)
Colleen (Tom's sister, my classmate)

Trip Report:
Spike, Anthony and I got there at 5:45. Walking in we saw Sue and her friend, who are always nice to see. Went to the VIP Experience center, and not to my suprise. No one was there! We waited 12 minutes and entered the park. I called Jeff and Matt, they were all stuck in traffic. And no wonder from Amanda. I did see Ally at the entrance, which it was cool to meet her. I ran into my friends Tom and Colleen in the Outer mall too. The rpes drop and the running of the bulls started, and then was imidately stoped by security. TThe security started walking us and everyone went around and continued running. Anthony, Spike and I ran to Kingda ka. While in lne we ran into Chuck. I got a phone call from dan saying that him and Dave got to Kingda ka, and they ran and met up with us.

We went through the locker room and went straight to Schoolbus Budunkadunk. Spike and I got the last row. Anthony got second to last. dan and dave got third and we were out. First orange train out! The first train launches, and then we wait. Waiting, waiting. I see mechanics walking under us and I screamed, "hey did it breakdown?" and they said, "Not yet!". Then we roll back, latch on....launch. I never sat in the last row before and wow was it shaky. Up the tower and ejector aitime over the top and all the way down. Floater over the bunny hill and we were done. We got off, ran around and got back in line. This time the line was right behind the lockers so it took us ten minutes to get from that point to our seats. Fun the second time too.

After two rides on Kingda ka we walked over to El Toro where we met up with Cory and his two friends. We waited no longer than 20 minutes with a 60% full queue. from the line we saw RMT running. We get into the station and go twords the back. We ran into Justin (coastercrazt) and to other girls that were on TCT. Cory and I got the third from last row, Dan Cry and Mat (Cory's friends) were infront of us. Anthony and Spike were infront of them. And Dave and Dan infront of Spike and Anthony. The ride was great as usual and I wasn't stapled....this time. After El toro we checked Rolling Thunders line, bottom of the stairs, one train, no way! So we get off and go over to El Toro and meet up with Jeff, Matt, Amanda (who wan up to me and gave me a big hug), Sarah,a nd Logan. We enter the line which looked shorter this time, but was indeed longer. We enter the switchbacks and right nxt to us was Stew and his wife. We talked and then we started mving. 40 inutes later we were on. This time in the middle. Amand and I sat together. Anthony and Sike were behind us, and Dan and Dave behind them. Everyone else went to the back.

They pulled down the lap bar and it didn't touch me. it wasn't even close to touching me. So here I am, with a bit of room so I'm excited. So I ruin it by taking off my hoodie so now you can clearly see I have alot of room. Then we hear, "Re-check 4". So now they pushed it down more. For all of our lap bars. then we hear, "Re-check 4" again!n Now they come and push all of ours with all of their might and it really hurt. Then they dispatched. Ride tself was good but not feeling my lower body kind of sucked, so ths was the wrst ride i've ever had on El Toro. But it was still fanastic. Afterwords we went over to Medusa. Anthony, Spike and Dave go straight for the back and dan and I get the front becuase it was a 1 train wait. We got on after 10 minutes and we were out. Good ride, smooth and I got a few good floaters.

Dave then bought a pretzel and we ran to RMT. Dan and I got into an empty station and got the front row. Sike and Anthonygot behind us. Dave was too busy eating to go on. We rode this old timer like nothing. Afterwords we went over to Batman. Walkon to the back. Great ride as usual. We then went over to Nitro were the line was at the bottom of the stairs. There was this guy who cut the whole line and I didn't realize until he was at the top of the stairs and I screamed, "SOME ONE HIT HIM WITH A FUNNEL CAKE!"We met up with Cory, Cory, justin and matt on Nitro. They got the last of the train infront fo us. Anthony and Spike got the last row. Dan, Dave and I sat infront of them. Great rdie as usual. We got i nto the breakrun and we sat there for what seemed like 10 minutes. It was definately longer than it should of. I saw Ryan cleaning the seats and we realized some one threw up. Finally we come back into the statin where I found of that Cory's friend Cory threw up all over. That sucks.

After Nitro we bought the Butterfly fries, which were really good. We took them to Skull Mountain weere we rode it continuously. Inbetween rides, we would eat the butterlfy fries. And we kept trying to ge the ops to turn the lifhts on. They flashed them once. But one of the rides they turned them on for a few seconds, and then flickered them. It was cool. Dave felt sick after 7 rides so dan and dave left, and Spike, Anthony and I rode it 2 more times. The park closed and we left. We went over to Wawa and got some sandwichs and other good stuff. While eating outside on the curb. Some kid came up to me and said, "You're from TPR right?" He recognized me from my photo trip reports. i said I post here more though.

-Dainan "it was a great 4 hours" Rafferty

Coaster Count: 255

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
Re: 9/22/06
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 12:39:45 PM »
WOW
KK line that small
I missed another event.
good report
Yo

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 08:35:13 PM »
I have a video!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qBx_hIJbQqU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qBx_hIJbQqU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

-Dainan "Tell me what you think" Rafferty
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 10:54:54 AM by CycloneMan »

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 07:24:01 PM »
^I love my cameo in it!

Lol, a funny, good coaster video.

Offline Brandilicious

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 11:27:44 AM »
Nice video!!!!

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 10:53:12 PM »
Oh, my.

I LOVE this video!

Thanks so much for sharing! :)

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 10:53:41 AM »
Thanks for the great comments guys!