Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: TR Sunday 10/1  (Read 1889 times)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
TR Sunday 10/1
« on: October 02, 2006, 09:38:59 AM »
Got to the park at around 12 and noticed the parking lot was pretty empty. Went to GR to get the parent pass and the whistle. Went right over to KK and the line was up to the platform. Needless to say we rode twice in less then an hour and the klds rode 3 times once in the front. They were very happy . After hanging around there and then going to BJL we headed over to ET . Well there were many problems at this point for ET. They had 2 trains running with hardley any wait but then train B seemed to be getting stuck on the lift every time it went up. Down to one train operation and maybe an hour wait now. We each went once. Off to  RT which had a short maybe 20 min wait, medusa almost walk on then off to RMT which was walk on with one train. Heading to the other side GASM walk on as usual , Parachutes was pretty short 15 min. superman looked short we didn't go and elvria wasn't that bad. I went to the parachutes and the older guys went to the Elvira thing we were almost off at the same time they were 10 min more maybe. off to the tea cups  :) Glad to see them back . And then BBLTT which was also walk on 2 rides there. Went to the seaport after 6PM so we missed the trick or treat but will do that next week. Went on nitro not too long of a wait there maybe 30 min. and then the hubby went on the hay ride with one of my kids. My oldest and my youngest went on the music express 2 times with no wait at all.

All in all the Ghouls did leave us alone with a stroller and whistles  :)  Big chicken i am got a whistle too :-[ but  the kids had fun . The only FF thing we did was the hay ride and the wait was maybe 30 min. It was amazingly empty for a FF and we had a great time in the park. One observation was besides the great decor was at 9PM when the park was closing and we were leaving a line of Sf employees giving high 5 's to everyone leaving small but nice touch . My son went down the line and gave them all 5's it was pretty funny. Nice to see the employees out and saying have a safe trip home , come again . Little touches that will stay in peoples mind as they leave the park. I noticed all of them were dressed in dressier clothes maybe GR or management types ? I am not sure but it was a nice touch.

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Re: TR Sunday 10/1
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 09:58:41 AM »
Nice TR.  I should of made an effort to get out to the park on Saturday , being it will probably be the last slow weekend for FF.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 10:45:11 AM »
One observation was besides the great decor was at 9PM when the park was closing and we were leaving a line of Sf employees giving high 5 's to everyone leaving small but nice touch . My son went down the line and gave them all 5's it was pretty funny. Nice to see the employees out and saying have a safe trip home , come again . Little touches that will stay in peoples mind as they leave the park. I noticed all of them were dressed in dressier clothes maybe GR or management types ? I am not sure but it was a nice touch.
Yes, you would be correct ;)  I think they like getting out of their offices just as much as we like doing the high-5 :).

Nice TR.  They have made AMAZING progress in turning things around.  In most, if not all of the last 4-5 years, once that horrible June-July tumble hit, they would never recover.  This year, they got it back to where it was when the season started.

Thanks for sharing!

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 11:33:55 AM »
Sue im fairly sure we walked right past you guys.  we were leaving the lake front and you were just walking down.  I noticed a woman pushing a stroller with a whistle.. it had to be you!
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 11:49:02 AM »
I was going to go but was down Wildwood for
the weekend (powerboat show,Truck show,Italian Festival heated pool etc.)

I plan on going Next weekend  may do Friday Night and Sunday with my luck it will be packed.
I know the best is when you get a light Drizzle the park is empty

Any one else try any other FF attractions like the walk thoughts behind near the arena ?
 Last year it was pretty good  (strobe lights and fog can make any attraction scary)

also is the night Hayride any different this year   
If you see me the one with the arrow say high I'm friendly and don't bite  :)

« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 12:22:28 PM by pcman »
Yo

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 06:00:13 PM »
Sue im fairly sure we walked right past you guys.  we were leaving the lake front and you were just walking down.  I noticed a woman pushing a stroller with a whistle.. it had to be you!

I am not Sue but i was walking out with a baby stroller and a wistle at just around 9PM last night giving everyone high 5's with my son. his stroller is black and yellow. I do have blond hair if that helps.