Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Poll

How did you like Fright Fest 2006?

It rocked!
4 (16%)
Just like last year and could be better.
14 (56%)
It sucked.
4 (16%)
I will not be attending Fright Fest this season.
3 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Fright Fest 2006 Poll  (Read 3478 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Fright Fest 2006 Poll
« on: October 16, 2006, 10:27:48 PM »
Now that many of us have had a chance to attend Fright Fest, let us know what you thought.  If you don't plan to attend, let us know why (if it is related to the event itself).  I personally thought it was a great overall package this season but could have used more scareactors.  I'm not sure this is their fault though.

Let me know if you would also prefer to see another vote option up there and I'll add it ;)

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
Re: Fright Fest 2006 Poll
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 08:42:38 AM »
I have to say i was dissapointed. I didn't get scared, and there weren't too many ghouls and they got rid of the Mazes and Horrow Hallow. The one Terror Trail was closed when we got there at 9:45, so I didn't really care for it much.

-Dainan "Though Dead Man's Party rocked!" Rafferty

Coaster Count: 255

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 10:08:42 AM »
I was Disappointed also.
The terror trail was not really good and less then last year on a Saturday I think they had maybe 4 ghouls on the trail ?
THey removed a few attractions as mention by cycloneman and closing down attractions an hour and fifteen minuted early is not good (we missed the hayride at 9:45pm when the park closes at 11pm) this was not posted anywhere or I missed it.
I also agree with Wade that they may not have enough help.
SFNE over the weekend had 2 Terror trails and one of them was like 10 times longer and better and the other like 5 times better then GADV's (they had one in the woods and one a walk through the lazy river empty of course ).
But SFNE is near a local residential neighborhood the employees can probably walk to work.

One thing that does look good is the setups and decorations throughout the park I would give that a A+  the landscape crew deserves some credit .
The show at the Ferris wheel is always good and the Torched show was cool.
I didn't hit up the Hayride or Elvira YET but will try this Friday and a few other attractions.
I did like the Sideshow at the boardwalk area 

they need more help.

I will give my finale thoughts after my last visit and after all attractions visited

« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 10:12:36 AM by pcman »
Yo

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 10:29:50 AM »
Feedback is important guys - keep it coming!

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 10:59:43 AM »
Dead Man's Party was still awesome! I just wish they had more scare actors out, but I could understand it being a staffing issue. I haven't done the Terror Trail or the Hayride yet so I can't comment them. But the decorations around the park look awesome!

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 03:25:53 PM »
I think the few good things that came out of Frightfest have been:
  • Kingda Ka's Tower lit up (barely)
  • Hypnotist Show is amazing!
  • Dead Man's party is rocking!
  • Frostbite from Toro

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 04:28:11 PM »
If anyone here read my article about fright fest last year.. than you will know that im always critical about this kind of stuff.. Halloween is my favorite time of the year so i always expect something good, especially from the park.  I was impressed this year, with the fireworks, and with atleast the theming of the terror trails.  I just wish they had more scarers.. they still arent that good with the scaring part.  The theming in the terror trail back behind north star was AWESOME, but they needed people to go with it.  When they master that, theyll be as good as anyone.

The fireworks were pretty awesome as well.
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 04:51:37 PM »
Some parts were cool, like the Panic! At the Disco music video looking guy walking around main street in his high top shoes but most of the clowns weren't even remotely scary looking.

I admit I've grown up quite a bit since they were actually scaring me, but they just seemed weak this year.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 09:28:41 PM »
^You mean that Jack White looking kind of fellow?

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 04:21:21 PM »
*bump*

Keep the comments and votes coming for the final weekend of Fright Fest ;)

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 04:35:23 PM »
THe main attractions the things people come to see like the Terror Trail and hayride was not good at all IT SUCKED  :P.mostly the trail. I was very disappointed and was embarrassed for the park.
I was going to vote it sucked but the other parts balanced out my vote to "Just like last year and could be better."
All the other parts of the park was good like the side shows and always the Ferris wheel show landscape,setups decorations etc.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 04:58:16 PM by pcman »
Yo

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 04:51:23 PM »
Something interesting is that the Terror Trail and the hayride (esp. the hayride) were actually half decent on opening weekend.  I think they lost tons of scareactors shortly there after.  They are what make the attractions work.

Offline sfgadvfreak

• Affiliate
  • Jolly Roger
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 09:19:04 PM »
I went on the terror trail and the hayride both opening weekend and last friday.  The hayride was the same both time, and frankly quite lame with too many characters dressed as the "Swamp thing".  During opening weekend someone explained that there were "swamp creatures" around, and last weekend noone made a speach or anything like that.

The terror trail was 10x better last friday.  They actually added onto the trail and had probably three to four times the ammount of scaractors!

I got lucky by going opening day and last friday because the park was completely empty!  I got lucky.  My mom went last saturday and said you could barely move in the park!  The park could improve a lot in the number of mazes, mazes done well, and number of scareactors on the regular paths, but I have a feeling the "crowd" that they are attracting now which they do not want to attract keeps them from adding more for the saftey of the scareactors.
Great Adventure...taking over the world one record at a time.

[img width= height=]http://downloads.thestreetnetwork.com/LessThanJake/LTJBanner2.jpg[/img]

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 09:28:34 PM »
I was reading somewhere that on the 14th  the park had around 40,000 people attend
I think they said it was the most on day attendance all year.
Yo

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2006, 10:48:50 AM »
*final bump*

One more reminder to vote if you haven't already done so before we disable the poll.