Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Lake Compounce news for 2007  (Read 1644 times)

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
  • Spunk: 9
Lake Compounce news for 2007
« on: January 16, 2007, 08:18:09 PM »
Rainbow Riders - New!
As promised, you're the first to receive news of a brand new ride coming to Garfield's Circus World in 2007. We're adding a balloon ride called Rainbow Riders. These rainbow colored balloons will carry kids and their parents approximately 25 feet in the air and slowly spin around so everyone has a great view of the park below. Rainbow Riders will be installed where our Caterpillar Train was located.
But don't worry the Caterpillar Train is not going too far. This winter it will be getting a face-lift, complete with a bright new paint job and brand new scenery. And it will be moved to the covered pavilion near our family rest rooms where it can provide respite from the bright sun or drippy rain.

Zoomers Gas 'n Go - New!
Construction on Zoomers Gas 'n Go is 'going' great! The unusually warm weather has allowed us to continue working on this 1950's antique corvette ride so we can get as much done as possible before the New England snow hits. Located near our Zoomerang loop coaster, we know you're going to love the 1950's nostalgia of the drive-in movie screen, Plymouth police cruiser and themed billboards. Complete with a photo system, you and your little buddy can have a picture taken in 1950's style.

Compounce Cabana Boat - New!
We have a brand new boat that will adorn our Lake this summer. It's the Compounce Cabana Boat and it will move guests to the other side of the Lake for easy access to our catering pavilions, Compounce Sky Ride and Thunder Rapids Raft Ride. Little riders will be required to wear life jackets, which will be supplied.

Roller Coaster News

More than 70% of the wooden track on Boulder Dash is currently being replaced, making for a smoother ride. The remaining 30% will be replaced after the close of the 2007 season.

The Wildcat roller coaster is getting a fresh coat of white paint, and new magnetic brakes. The wooden coaster was built in 1927 by the Philadelphia Toboggan Company and continues to be a park favorite today. The new magnetic brakes will allow for an additional train to be put on the track, increasing the amount of guests who can enjoy the coaster and helping to shorten your waiting time in line.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
  • Spunk: 20
Re: Lake Compounce news for 2007
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 08:43:55 PM »
As the one person on earth (probably) who LOVES the Wildcat (there's another wood coaster at Compounce?  Who knew?)...I'm thrilled!  Shorter waits!

I gotta get back up there!

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
  • Spunk: 8
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 10:20:54 PM »
Hopefully the second train will actually run a lot and not sit on the transfer track.

OK, What do I know... I've only been there once and still haven't ridden it.  I'm really looking froward to my return trip for that credit and to feel how Boulder Dash has change. 

Oh, and  how could I forget! I also want to see this on the track.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Spunk: -101
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 07:43:00 AM »
Now why you gotta put that picture up?

It's great to hear that 70% percent of Boulder Dash has been re-tracked, hopefully the 30% that wasn't is the brakes, station and lift.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Spunk: 11
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 01:15:07 PM »
I can't wait to ride it  will be my first time.

Chuck looks like that picture keeps haunting you.
it pops up like twice a year. :)
Yo

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Spunk: 10
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 06:09:19 PM »
Chuck, what did i tell you about parking your car, jeeze

The Sky-Ride alone will bring me back to Lake Compounce, also my 3rd Favorite woodie will too! Awsome news!
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Spunk: -101
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 06:25:49 PM »
Trust me, ride it at night and it will probaly be your 2nd favorite!

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
  • Spunk: 20
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 06:32:31 PM »
Why, Chuck!  I never knew you were such a fan of Wildcat!

GADVwow, unabashed Wildcat lover...