Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Sixflags.com Construction Pictures  (Read 55366 times)

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
Sixflags.com Construction Pictures
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2006, 12:47:43 PM »
no one believes us still wade.  Sigh.

Its on schedule people!
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2006, 01:06:24 PM »
Hey, I was there to and I believe. But you can't tell me once you haven't said to yourself "That's it so far"  October 1st till Now,  with 87 days left to go.  We see the massive amount of work done, but not everyone sees it that way. They want the whole thing up already., not just the lift hill. Me, I just want them to Build it right so when it does open it will have  minimal or no down time at all.

Offline stew560

• Jolly Roger
  • Disco Stu Doesn't Advertise!
    • Stew560's SmugMug
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2006, 01:06:49 PM »
Quote from: "WadeJ"
But its moving so SLOW!  :lol:

Now THAT is funny!
2009 Trips to GAdv: None Yet!
Bull Rides: (34) -- KKount: (65.5)
View My Pictures!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2006, 01:20:57 PM »
Me, I just want them to Build it right so when it does open it will have minimal or no down time at all.

I agree with you. I just want this thing to run great this year.

Offline blazzinmatt

• Parachute Training Center
    • MATTDONDERS
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2006, 02:44:02 PM »
I have a strong feeling that there will be little to no flaws in the ride and there will be minimal downtime during the '06 season. There are many woodies and most of them have been around for a while so we know how they work. It should be great to have it run optimally for the entire season.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2006, 03:00:13 PM »
The only thing that bothers me is the cable lift.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2006, 03:10:09 PM »
The only thing that bothers me is the good ol' state of New Jersey.

The ride could finish on time and take another month to pass inspection.

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2006, 04:28:04 PM »
ugh, thanks wade.

I know bubba.. but i figure that if i have hope maybe other people will

Offline sfgadvfreak

• Affiliate
  • Jolly Roger
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2006, 05:23:48 PM »
Quote from: "chilled182"
no one believes us still wade.  Sigh.

Its on schedule people!

Don't worry Nick, I believe you and Wade.  The lift of coarse is probably the hardest part next to the station because it is more componants than just the track.
Great Adventure...taking over the world one record at a time.

[img width= height=]http://downloads.thestreetnetwork.com/LessThanJake/LTJBanner2.jpg[/img]

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2006, 05:42:07 PM »
This thing should rocket once they get down the lift and the first drop. Its not like the drop is right after the lift so theres an extra what? 50-100 ft. of track for the turn. Once they get this section done, it will be ahead of schedule.

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2006, 06:32:50 PM »
I know from GADV's perspective it is right on time, but in 2 months we still have no platform to the station, no transfer track, the lift has just been completed but 1/2 without track, we have no queue whatsoever, station still needs some fixing up....oh and not to mention 3 camelbacks in a row over 100ft, all with pretty large structures. Then we got another 1,000ft or so to go before brake run. Then we got testing, etc....

I do not know what time table GADV has set up so this is on time, but there is no way this thing is gonna be open for April 1st IMO. Even if they do move at the speed they have since it was topped off....that isn't much. It has advanced about 20ft, with a little added to the strcuture, in yes, 2 full weeks. Construction times MUST be made up after this lift/drop is completed, or we are looking at a end of April opening at the earliest.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2006, 06:44:39 PM »
^So what if it opens at the end of april? It will still open. I figure let them take their time and make sure they do their work right. That way we dont have any break downs or atleast major ones. It will definately be open before june. This thing will be sweet but we must be patient right now.

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2006, 07:01:32 PM »
Even if they do rush, there is a great chance this thing will work flawlessly. Both Colossos and Balder are very reliable, and we are using a lift system very similar to Goliath at Walibi, which works very well. The only thing they shouldn't rush is programming the ride and not messing that up like S:UF. The actual structure, as long as part of it doesn't collapse liek SoB, can be somewhat rushed.

PS- If it opens in late April, that is an extra few weeks before I get my first taste of that sweet ejector airtime in nearly 2 years  :wink:

Offline blazzinmatt

• MATTDONDERS
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2006, 07:02:12 PM »
I hope they don't rush it either to get it open, but I still think itll open between April 1st and May 1st. Not sure when but sometime between then. The footers are all in place and the bents are together, all they have to do is put them up and they are good to go.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2006, 07:19:28 PM »
Quote from: "Nitro1118"
Even if they do rush, there is a great chance this thing will work flawlessly. Both Colossos and Balder are very reliable, and we are using a lift system very similar to Goliath at Walibi, which works very well. The only thing they shouldn't rush is programming the ride and not messing that up like S:UF. The actual structure, as long as part of it doesn't collapse liek SoB, can be somewhat rushed.

PS- If it opens in late April, that is an extra few weeks before I get my first taste of that sweet ejector airtime in nearly 2 years  :wink:

Its the way construction always is. Theres always going to be delays and what not. Just gotta sit them out and wait. Thats all.

Offline KingdaKaRuler05

• Monkey Around
  • Can't Stop
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2006, 08:30:36 PM »
I agree with Tmac. There is a lot to be done, but some of these parts can be done rather quickly. I think as soon as the big hills are done, the ride will really speed up. The only part they may give them a little trouble is the crossing over in RT's infield. However, you also have to think about PDC, which all has to be done as well. I have a feeling GAdv wasn't shooting for opening day anyway. Them saying "right on schedule" could mean the ride being completed in April, May, June whatever. We will just have to wait and see :wink:

-KKR05
Under the bridge downtown...

1 VS. 100...Fridays at 8 on NBC!

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2006, 09:23:57 PM »
Quote from: "overlord"
Quote from: "Nitro1118"

Its the way construction always is. Theres always going to be delays and what not. Just gotta sit them out and wait. Thats all.

But they are not delayed, they are on schedule  :wink:  The big question is on schedule for what opening. That is the big question.

Personally, I'm excited just to finally get some rides on KK (only got 2 after waiting a total of 10+ hours last year).

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2006, 09:33:07 PM »
Of course the ride is scheduled to debute opening day.  The debute of carnival and BBNP are obviously not however.

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2006, 09:41:58 PM »
If it was scheduled to be open on opening day, they wouldn't have generalized it as Spring 2006. I also don't see them opening ET before the PDC, but rather the other way around (assuming PDC is ready before ET).

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2006, 09:46:29 PM »
King was a MAJOR construction roller coaster.  It also had to have rigerous testing and had to be approved which took awhile.

El Toro isnt going to be as bad (i hope) as long as we dont get harsh weather from here on out.  Most of the work will be done on El toro before PDC starts to take shape i think.  It doesnt look as though anything was touched just yet.

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2006, 09:51:53 PM »
I agree, KK took a long time because of its stature. But, I knwo for a fact S:UF took about 2 weeks of testing before opening day, and most coasters take 1-3 weeks of testing.

I think they would wait until spring break time (April 5th-20th area) to open ET and PDC together, rather than opening one or the other 1-3 weeks earlier when both aren't ready together.

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2006, 09:53:16 PM »
and thats going to be a hard call to make because i have first hand seen very litle work on PDC.  I dont know what they plan to do.. but they have a long way to go.

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2006, 09:57:00 PM »
I have high hopes for PDC, but the only problem I see ahead is they have to wait for ET's first half to be completed as the coaster goes right through the PDC. But, GK went up really quickly, and that construction started late. Also, take into consideration PDC is smaller, and yeah....

Offline MForce23

• Monkey Around
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2006, 03:30:49 PM »
Construction looks like its moving at a steady pace!

Offline blazzinmatt

• MATTDONDERS
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2006, 04:19:09 PM »
The Golden Kingdom did go up pretty fast even though construction on it started late. I think that PDC will go up quicker than everyone thinks it will go up. It might open a bit later than El Toro does, but it won't be that much later. I am sure Six Flags has a plan on what they should do and how its going to work based on a certain number of bad weather days.