Industry > Industry News

Thunderbird

(1/4) > >>

dkny6363:
Very excited about this ride.

I love that it set back a bit from the park. This shows a desire to expand in coming years. Not sure where I read it or if it is true. But I heard the walk distance from the front gate to voyage is the same as the walk from voyage to Thunderbird...

Kind of confused about the fact I thought that walkway is splashing safari.. I'm sure it will all make sense soon enough.

I'm glad they added this coaster. I hope they don't just start dropping in steel coasters every 4 years now. I hope they stay away from giant flats as well. HW has such a unique ride line up that works for them and I hope they don't get away from it to be Kings Island west.

WadeJ:
Thanks for creating the topic.  I'm sure we'll be popping in here over the course of another year :).

I'm honestly shocked in that for a park of this size that they went with a big budget B&M.  Premier, Mack, Zamperla, Vekoma and S&S all came to mind but never did I suspect a B&M.  And a launching one at that.  Maybe the launch system ends up costing less than all of the materials required for a huge lift like Gatekeeper?

Anyway, my only concern is that it does look rather short but it also seems to pack a good punch in that layout.

AV Matt:
I'm not concerned about the walk to the station from Voyage. People are really getting worked up about it.  The walk up The Boss' queue is worse. ;)  and compared to Cedar Point, it's nothing.  Coaster enthusiasts are so lazy.  :-/

I'm excited for the ride, although I'd be much much MUCH more excited for a Mack launched multi-looper with lots of airtime.  Hopefully that will be their next big toy. B&Ms are so 10 years ago.  ;)

B-mac:
If only the parks in the States could jump on the Mack train considering what Intamin and Gerstlauer have experienced over the last 2 years. Or Zierer but they still haven't built many large coasters compared to Mack.

AV Matt:
Mack is the new king of steel. Hopefully they get to be the new "must-have" soon. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version