Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Season Pass for 2008  (Read 5900 times)

Offline lsnscj

Season Pass for 2008
« on: November 07, 2007, 10:26:42 AM »
Does anyone know if GA is bringing back the Rise and Scream for Season Pass holders next year?

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
Re: Season Pass for 2008
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 12:15:21 PM »
I heard that it won't be coming back next year.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 05:03:12 PM »
See this thread...

2008 Season Passes On Sale

#3 at one time mentioned Rise and Scream....but now that is gone if you follow the link to GAdv.
No mention of the Season Pass Nites... :'(

So who know what will actually happen.

It would be a shame if Rise and Scream was taken away.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 12:20:28 PM »

I seen this on the Season pass page
but i renewed my pass and don't recall getting a coupon for the Sport bottle
Anyone know how I can get the coupon or bottle ?

www.sixflags.com/national/tickets/seasonpass.aspx

A Six Flags Season Pass make the perfect holiday gift. Buy 2008 Season Passes online by December 31 and receive one free 32-ounce, Limited-Edition Sport Bottle per order. Get free refills your first day at the park plus 99? refills all season long.*

*When you purchase season passes online by December 31, 2007, you will receive one Sport Bottle coupon per transaction. Present the coupon with your Season Pass or Season Pass voucher at the Season Pass Processing Center on any regular operating day between March 1, 2008 and May 26, 2008 to receive a free 32-ounce 2008 Sport Bottle when your photo ID is made. Check sixflags.com for operating schedule.  Enjoy free refills the day you receive your bottle and $.99 refills the rest of the season.  Limit one per person. If you print your season pass voucher at home with Print-N-Go, the free Sport Bottle coupon will print at the bottom of the first season pass voucher that you purchase. If you choose to have your season passes shipped, a free Sport Bottle coupon will be included in the package
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 12:22:02 PM by pcman »
Yo

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 12:20:09 PM »
Wanted to share the information I recieved today from the park. I questioned the Premium season passes and was told ALL season passes sold until May 26th will be Premium passes after that passes sold at the park will only be good at the park the pass is sold at. I also questioned it because of the master Card program and was told as long as I got my passes before the 26th  of may my passes would be Premium passes. Just to be on the safe side I printed out the response so that I get my premium passes when I arrive with my information. Also if you get the pass after the 26th of May there will be an upgrade fee to get a premium pass as opposed to a regular pass.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 12:51:23 PM »
They would probably honor your request regardless since you have it via email but I've heard something very different.  So hold onto that email lol

They are juggling this around as we speak so I'm not sure they could really give you any sort of official answer.

Be ready for the complaints though when SP holders that bought the "base pass" for the cost of our current Premium next Spring when they find out they can't do CAD or Season Pass Family Night.  It is also RUMOR that base passes also won't be able to access Fright Fest but that is not anything I've heard from credible sources.

This is something that has needed to be done IMO to prevent season pass erosion but I do have concerns for guest relations that will end up dealing with customers that didn't listen or read the fine print and get turned away.

Offline coastermom

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 02:59:28 PM »
Already printed it and saved it on my AOL . :)

I am guessing that once it is in writing it is going to be hard to turn it down. I always cover myself . You kind of learn that the hard way .

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 11:26:37 PM »
Better to be safe than to be sorry, Now your covered!

I didnt think AOL still existed though....
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline coastermom

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 05:56:58 AM »
Better to be safe than to be sorry, Now your covered!

I didnt think AOL still existed though....

LOL am I the only one still using AOL ? I am so not a computer person.

Offline coastermom

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 06:03:20 AM »
They would probably honor your request regardless since you have it via email but I've heard something very different.  So hold onto that email lol

They are juggling this around as we speak so I'm not sure they could really give you any sort of official answer.

Be ready for the complaints though when SP holders that bought the "base pass" for the cost of our current Premium next Spring when they find out they can't do CAD or Season Pass Family Night.  It is also RUMOR that base passes also won't be able to access Fright Fest but that is not anything I've heard from credible sources.

This is something that has needed to be done IMO to prevent season pass erosion but I do have concerns for guest relations that will end up dealing with customers that didn't listen or read the fine print and get turned away.

I think this and Cedar Fairs Maxx passes are just ways to upcharge people and make more money. Not that it is a bad business deal but if the price of gas stays high and the weather doesn't coperate it could spell bigger losses for them . People aren't looking to spend over 150 a pass like the Maxx pass . It has put us off and we are not going to Dorney or CP this summer because of it . It could cost us about $700 just for the passes and my son can't do all the rides so we are not going . It is just my opinion and thought on the whole deal . We will have to see how much the upcharge is and if it is worth it .

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 05:40:40 PM »
I have a Maxx Pass for 2008. but its worth it since I go to DP, CP, KD, and KI every year. Its worth it for me.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
25% Off Season Pass for 2008 - Today Only!!
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2007, 10:52:56 AM »
From Screascape:

The Six Flags website is having a One Day Only Sale on 2008 Season Passes where you save 25% Today Only! The Season Passes also come with 5 Free Tickets for your friends.

Looks like now is the time to buy your season pass!!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 10:55:01 AM by Ogolo »

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2007, 11:15:15 AM »
THANKS FOR NOTICING THIS KEN!

Direct Link to Gadv - http://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/tickets/seasonpass.aspx

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2007, 12:35:01 PM »
Is this pass good at all parks of just he park bought for ?

FYI  3 park combo $82

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

When does the 25% Off Sale end?
This promotion ends on Monday, December 17, 2007 at 12 p.m. Noon ET.

Can I save 25% on premium or combo passes?

The 25% savings applies to Six Flags regular Season Passes and Play Passes. Not valid on 4-pack, Premium, Outer Market or Combo Season Passes.

I want to buy a renewal pass that includes Season Parking.  Can I save 25%?
If purchasing a Season Pass/Parking package, the 25% savings applies to the Season Pass portion, and is not valid on parking.

Can I get the free Sport Bottle and save 25%?
These offers cannot be combined. You can either save 25% or purchase a regularly-priced Season Pass and receive one free Sport Bottle per transaction. Click here if you're interested in the free Sport Bottle bonus offer.

Can I buy my Season Passes when I visit the park today?
The 25% off discount is only available online. Buy passes online now to save, then process your ID when you visit the park today. 2008 Season Passes include free admission for the rest of the 2007 season. Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Six Flags Magic Mountain and Six Flags Over Texas are open on Sunday, December 16.

Can I get this offer by mail or by phone?

The 25% Off Sale is only available online. 

What should I do if I'm giving this Season Pass as a gift, but don't know the person's birthdate?
Please enter an approximate birthdate. The passholder can update the information when his/her photo ID is processed during the first visit.

If you previously purchased 2008 Season Passes and have questions about this offer, Customer Service Representatives will be available at your local Six Flags park on January 2 for further assistance.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 12:39:40 PM by pcman »
Yo

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2007, 01:03:04 PM »
Yeah, I just noticed that to.  Nice of them to mention what the benefits are of the yet unannouced premium pass.  Now I'm not sure if I want to do this because technically, you are buying the base pass that comes out next year.

EDIT:  Now I'm really pissed..... Just noticed they changed it to 2 and under are free now instead of 3 and under.  So now I have to buy 4 passes this year.  Even freaking Disney World is 3 and under.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 01:05:02 PM by WadeJ »

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2007, 01:27:25 PM »
I agree.  Nice of them to (not) mention what the benefits of the premium pass you aren't getting if you buy today are..(and that you DID get if you have already bought but apparently only at the park where purchased. This seems very like the way Cedar Fair botched things up last year with KI Maxx passes honored for Maxx benefits at CP but CP people who bought Joe Cool watching others get for free what they paid for...yet not getting reciprocal benefits at KI....

Some of us have already bought a SFOG pass and processed so we can get in first day down there when they open (before GAd).  I'd sure love to be able to go to SP days, if there are any, at GAd as I have in the past (and thought I could when I bought the OG pass...)

Sigh...

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2007, 03:06:12 PM »
Wow...That makes the 25% Off not so great.
Since you can't buy the other pass yet...I figured it was just a Premium Pass.
Now I don't feel so bad that I got mine at the "Lowest Price of the Season".
What ever season that was!

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2007, 05:21:41 PM »
So are these passes the Premiums?

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2007, 05:28:47 PM »
No.  To quote the exceptions:

The 25% savings applies to Six Flags regular Season Passes and Play Passes. Not valid on 4-pack, Premium, Outer Market or Combo Season Passes. If purchasing a Season Pass/Parking package, the 25% savings applies to the Season Pass portion, not valid on parking. Offer expires Monday, December 17, 2007 at 12 p.m. Noon ET. Children 2 years and under are free. Season Passholder Value Books will be available at the park in spring 2008. Free friend tickets are valid on select days, one per day. No purchase necessary to enter the AMA Sweepstakes, see official rules. Prices do not include tax. Shipping/handling fees apply to online orders. Some concerts and special events require an up-charge.

So they are NOT premium passes...

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2007, 06:29:55 PM »
Phew, good thing I didnt tell my mom to buy them :)

So If I buy a season pass tomorrow, it is a premium correct?

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2007, 06:35:04 PM »
Wait til after noon and see what they do...

No one knows as of now...

Offline coastermom

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2007, 06:49:30 PM »
Robb Did you ever contact the park ? I did recieve a call from Six flags but she never even mentioned a premium pass. She asked why I didn't renew my passes as of yet and I had explained that I use the SF Master Card program . She didn't even know of the program . I am guessing these are people that were hired to call and were not actually employed at the parks they were calling about.

Offline NJACERep

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2007, 09:40:15 AM »
All, I just spoke to a customer service rep at SFNE (that's where I have my passes from, it's cheaper) and confirmed that these passes are valid at all Six Flags parks in 2008. We had some problems renewing on-line but she was able to correct that too. Spread the word!

Adam

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2007, 04:09:24 PM »
Well there is no point in spreading the word anymore since the promotion is over...Sounded like a really good bargain though.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2007, 04:28:38 PM »
After Adam's post I decided to take a chance and renew ours.  I figured worst case I can probably upgrade them if need be but I'm still pissed that we needed to buy 4 passes instead of 3 because of the new rule while every park in the country other than six flags is free for kids 3 and under.