Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: about Eyeglasses (!) , Food,and getting on rides with a backpack...  (Read 2103 times)

Offline d_gil

hi again,
As i want to take some video and pictures of the park (NOT WHILE RIDING),i was wondering if they let you take a bag with you on the rides?
can i leave my bag at the station if i can't take it up with me ?
 or do i have to use lockers all the time,? (how much are they?)

another important thing:
Can i wear my eyeglasses on all the rides usuing a strap??

Last,i heard you can not bring ANY kind of food into the park? water? snacks? nothing???

thanks

gil

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: about Eyeglasses (!) , Food,and getting on rides with a backpack...
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 09:34:46 AM »
Usually, the waist bags are ok if they are small and don't get in the way of the harness and are attached to you.  The only major exception to this is Ka which does not allow ANYTHING on the ride (there are lockers in the queue).  Eyeglasses are definately cool with a strap though ;).

As for food, drinks, etc.... nothing at all is allowed inside the park.  They do have picnic benches outside the park.  I think a few are near the safari exit (behind Ka's tower) and a few are over towards the bus parking near the employee lot so you could bring stuff with you and eat in the car or on one of the tables.  Or, plan to spend another 20-30 bucks for 2 meals that day.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 09:38:47 AM »
I believe that the only thing you can bring in food-wise may be bottled water.  I can see why they would stop someone because I did go to high school, but I believe I have brought in bottled water from Wawa in the park with no hassle in the past.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 09:48:28 AM »
/\  No longer allowed :(.  We were stopped and asked to throw them away and we even had the kids with us. (the water was for them)

Offline MRHSfalcon

• Balin's Jungleland
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 09:55:38 AM »
you are not soppose to bring food, water, etc. but many people do. they hide it under other stuff in the bags

Offline twistedrails

• Affiliate
  • Koala Canyon
    • East Coast Coasters
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 11:17:03 AM »
/\  No longer allowed :(.  We were stopped and asked to throw them away and we even had the kids with us. (the water was for them)

Wade, was the bottled water opened? I say this because at most concerts they'll allow you to bring in as much water as you want as long as it isn't opened. Either way, not allowing you to bring in water is kind of stupid, but at least you can stop at any food stand and ask for a cup of water, although that can be a major hassle when there are lines for food.

I usually bring a bottle of water to the park in my backpack and have never been questioned, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 11:56:30 AM »
I'm a water fountain kind of guy anyway, so I never really cared.  Unfortunately stupid people have to do things like substitute Poland Spring with Grey Goose and make things uncomfortable for all.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline snowboard101

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 08:16:52 PM »
That's the thing that bothers me is I usually bring a camera and sometimes a back pack and Ill leave the back pack in the box things or just tie my camera to my waist and leave it in a pocket.

If you have ever gone to universal they have a GREAT locker system, you can rent a locker at each ride for free for like a hour and a half which should cover how long your on the ride.  It works out great and is very confienant and fair.

I like Disney though were they always have compartments on every ride or just let you hold onto it on a ride which is great.

El Toro Rides: 5   Kingda Ka Launches: 17

My Pictures